My S3 is ignoring default apps.

chroma601

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Every time I close an app, I get a screen asking which of my three installed launchers to use. I have repeatedly cleared all the defaults in Applications Manager and set the launcher I want as default. Within minutes, the phone forgets, and it's back to asking.

Same for default browser. I've cleared the defaults, set one as default, and the phone constantly forgets and asks which browser when one needs to open.

But wait, there's more! If I want to make a call, I have to always choose between Phone and Skype.

This is crazy. Has anyone else been through this, and if so, how is it fixed?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this every time I update an application that may use the service. My navigation always tries to get me to use Verizon's navigation thing... But that's probably the only one.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time
I probably have one or two apps that always behave this way, but I certainly don't have this problem with all of the categories of apps that you've named. I only have two browsers (Dolphin and the stock Internet app) and those settings stick; same for the three launchers (stock, Nova and Themer) - those stick fine. I only use the stock Phone app so I can't comment on that.

Sounds like you have something installed that's interfering with this behavior. (BTW, I'm on 4.1.2, MF1, stock Verizon)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try booting into Safe mode and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you know that a 3rd party app is causing your problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699