Software not authorized message on GS3

Rohit Mandavia

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So today, while trying to install hyperdrive, I rebooted into the "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless....." warning.
I TRIED the following with no success:
Using Odin to flash back to stock (flash completes but still get the same warning)
Using Odin to flash VRALEC bootchain (Flash Fails with error : "FAIL! (Auth)"
I can get into recovery so I trued factory reset and cache wipe...no success...

I can still get into recovery mode...but nothing else...any suggestions?

Airlid

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
So today, while trying to install hyperdrive, I rebooted into the "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless....." warning.
I TRIED the following with no success:
Using Odin to flash back to stock (flash completes but still get the same warning)
Using Odin to flash VRALEC bootchain (Flash Fails with error : "FAIL! (Auth)"
I can get into recovery so I trued factory reset and cache wipe...no success...

I can still get into recovery mode...but nothing else...any suggestions?

I have gotten the same warning but I am not able to get into recovery. I can't factory reset and I can't clear the caches. Count yourself lucky.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going into Download mode. If they check there and find out it is rooted they may charge you full price for the new phone. If you can get to Download mode you may want to put it back to stock, but if the KNOX counter got tripped you may be out of luck. Just saying.

Rohit Mandavia

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
the phone itself was refurbished...so they didnt really ask any other questions...hopefully they wont because the same thing had happened to my old gs3 and they replaced it without charge