Verizon S3: HELP!! Trying to un-root VIA ODIN but doesn't recognize my phone

dhale445

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

I bought an Galaxy S3 from a lady through Verizon. I later come to find it it's been rooted.
I don't know anything about rooting or modding, I'm a newb.

Something was malfunctioning in the phone and Verizon has sent me another, but I need to send this one back. If they find out it's been rooted, I will be charged the full amount for the replacement phone.

I did a lot of research for hours and came to this. A step by step instructional on how to un-root it. I've got Odin and the other software I need downloaded. I have Odin open and I just need Odin to recognize my phone, this is the last step. Then I get this error message. Something about the USB is malfunctioning, to disconnect and re-connect and if it's still doing it, the software on the phone could be bad.

I've tried everything. Unplugging and re-plugging. Different cords. Different computers. Bluetooth. NOTHING WORKS. I've installed the drivers for the phone. My computer simply will not recognize the phone.

Any help guys?? I've seen a lot of people with the same problem, but no answers.

And please, use newb language with me. I have no idea about phones or rooting or software.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

I bought an Galaxy S3 from a lady through Verizon. I later come to find it it's been rooted.
I don't know anything about rooting or modding, I'm a newb.

Something was malfunctioning in the phone and Verizon has sent me another, but I need to send this one back. If they find out it's been rooted, I will be charged the full amount for the replacement phone.

I did a lot of research for hours and came to this. A step by step instructional on how to un-root it. I've got Odin and the other software I need downloaded. I have Odin open and I just need Odin to recognize my phone, this is the last step. Then I get this error message. Something about the USB is malfunctioning, to disconnect and re-connect and if it's still doing it, the software on the phone could be bad.

I've tried everything. Unplugging and re-plugging. Different cords. Different computers. Bluetooth. NOTHING WORKS. I've installed the drivers for the phone. My computer simply will not recognize the phone.

Any help guys?? I've seen a lot of people with the same problem, but no answers.

And please, use newb language with me. I have no idea about phones or rooting or software.
Welcome to Android Central :)
After installing the latest drivers for your phone, did you reboot the computer? Occasionally, Odin will not recognize the phone until the computer has been restarted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez