Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon S3 wont turn on all the time

So the problem that I am having is that when my phone is locked, if i hit the power button it wont turn on the screen all the time. The screen stays dark but the capacitive touch buttons light up. I have to keep pressing the power button many times until my screen finally turns on and I'm able to unlock it. Everything is working fine on the phone, its just this screen problem that is becoming really annoying because I'm always missing calls. Does anyone know what might be wrong or if I can do something to fix this.

Default Re: Verizon S3 wont turn on all the time

Welcome to the forums!

What happens if you press the Home button instead? That should also wake the screen from sleep. If it does, then in all likelihood your Power switch is starting to crap out.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks.

The same thing happens when I press the home button. Only the capacitive touch buttons light up but the screen remains dark.

Ah, in that case try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see if the problem goes away; if it does, then some 3rd party app/service is causing your problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It was difficult to go into safe mode since the screen does not always light up, but once I did, the problem was still there.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I think I figured it out. Its a weird fix, but I guess it will do for now. I just rub the screen on my arm or leg, I guess to warm up the screen and I immediately hit the power button and the screen turns on on the first try. Thanks for the help GSDer

So even when you power on the phone from scratch it exhibits this issue? (Your original post made it seem like this only occurred when you were trying to wake it from sleep.)

Sounds like a hardware problem if that's the case; but I couldn't wager a guess about whether it's the display or mainboard.