Verizon S3 wont turn on all the time

AWESOME_O_1000

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
So the problem that I am having is that when my phone is locked, if i hit the power button it wont turn on the screen all the time. The screen stays dark but the capacitive touch buttons light up. I have to keep pressing the power button many times until my screen finally turns on and I'm able to unlock it. Everything is working fine on the phone, its just this screen problem that is becoming really annoying because I'm always missing calls. Does anyone know what might be wrong or if I can do something to fix this.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

What happens if you press the Home button instead? That should also wake the screen from sleep. If it does, then in all likelihood your Power switch is starting to crap out.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

AWESOME_O_1000

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I think I figured it out. Its a weird fix, but I guess it will do for now. I just rub the screen on my arm or leg, I guess to warm up the screen and I immediately hit the power button and the screen turns on on the first try. :D Thanks for the help GSDer :cool:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So even when you power on the phone from scratch it exhibits this issue? (Your original post made it seem like this only occurred when you were trying to wake it from sleep.)

Sounds like a hardware problem if that's the case; but I couldn't wager a guess about whether it's the display or mainboard.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk