Picture MMS send, but not text MMS.

sockmuffin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've suddenly had this problem for the past couple weeks. I can send pictures just fine and people get them, but if I send a text message that's a couple paragraphs or even just a couple sentences, it's hit or miss whether they receive it. I'm not sure what to do because everything I've Googled says that if I can send picture MMS it should be working. It obviously isn't though, lol...

Thanks for reading.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Text may not be sending by MMS, it may be sending by multiple texts of 160 characters each. (Most apps give you the choice of breaking long messages - not breaking them sends them MMS.)

MMS is supposed to be content-free - you can send any format file up to the length set by the carrier (normally around 1MB). What Google says is what the specification for MMS (3GPP 60147) says ("almost unlimited text length, images, audio and video clips and new content types"). ("New content types" means any file format, now and in the future.)

sockmuffin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
If they aren't being sent as MMS and as regular text messages, then I have no idea why my messages which are under the 160 limit would be sending fine. My friends always get my "Did you get that long message I sent?" texts I've had to be sending over the past weeks.

I am using the default messaging app and I'm aware of the option that allows you to split messages... But I can't seem to find that option in the messaging settings. So I have no idea what it's doing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch