Belgium Trip from the USA

flannelw

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I know that this has been posted several times, but after doing some research and reading through the different threads, there is a lot of contradicting, outdated information.

I'm going to be going to Belgium for a few weeks at the end of this month. I am wanting to get a SIM card that is for the local network primarily for data, but I would like to make calls and text as well, but data is a must. I have a Galaxy S3 operating 4.4.2 through Verizon that I got a little over two years ago. Two days ago, I spoke with a Verizon rep and he said that I would have to contact Verizon customer service and have them unlock the phone in order for me to use another SIM card. Is there anything else that I need to do besides this? I saw somewhere that Verizon phones are no longer locked.

Can you help me with any of this information? Any tips or suggestions regarding this process? If this phone won't work in Belgium or the data is locked, would it be better to purchase a phone that is ready to go; all that I would have to do is insert the SIM card?

Thank you all very much for your help.