Get Rid of Amber Alerts on HTC One

Sillil

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Today I received an Amber Alert on my HTC One. Does anyone know how to prevent me from receiving these things? I don?t want to get them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The menu settings might be different for my phone (Nexus 5), but I go to Settings>Wireless & networks--More>Cell broadcasts. There, you can uncheck whichever alerts you don't want.

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
In the App Drawer open Messages. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner, then on settings, and then on Emergency Alerts. Here is where you can disable Amber Alerts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I was going to post a poll but decided against it, but I'm just curious why you wouldn't want to get Amber alerts? Personally I don't pay enough attention to what people drive to be helpful. I still don't think I would want to turn them off, on the off chance I could be helpful? I guess the off off chance, but anyway... This has to be the 3rd post in a month I've seen about this and it's curious to me.

Do you not want to be involved, like me don't feel that you could be helpful, don't think it affects you, just feel that the alerts are annoying, or something completely different?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can understand why some people may not want the alert, because they can be pretty startling. The first time I got one, I had the blaring alert tone as well as a strong vibration. But I also agree that Amber Alerts can be extremely important. On my Nexus 5, I am able to turn off the vibration for the alert, as well as the duration of the alert sound, so that can make it a little less jarring. Obviously, you want alerts like these to make you take notice, but it's nice to be able to customize it a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez