red capacitive buttons dont light up

keithk58

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the proximity sensor? The red buttons will only light up if I'm in a pitch dark room or I cover the sensor up with my thumb. It's pretty frustratingl because the buttons are dark red and It's hard to see them. I've tried turning off the automatic brightness but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I haven't found a way to adjust anything. Luckily I can find the buttons with no problem. Do you have a screen protector installed -- I do and wonder if it affects the sensor somehow.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the Rezound in the store today and wondered about just this thing. Hope somebody has an answer before I upgrade.

keithk58

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I haven't found a way to adjust anything. Luckily I can find the buttons with no problem. Do you have a screen protector installed -- I do and wonder if it affects the sensor somehow.

I don't have a screen protector or case. It sounds like this is a problem on all of them. Funny how some silly little issue can be so maddening when It's something you notice every time you turn on your phone. I hope there is a fix for this soon!

tekhinator

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It is a bug if the ambient light sensor isn't calibrated to turn on the back light when its dark enough that you can't see the buttons.

Thats not the problem with me. I think.. Because they light up when Its a little bit dark and completely dark. No bug for me?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats not the problem with me. I think.. Because they light up when Its a little bit dark and completely dark. No bug for me?

BTW, you signature. You're not the one, you're one of many, LOL. I've been in love since she did the snake dance in Dusk to Dawn.:D

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
This is driving me nuts too. I want the red buttons to always be lit up when the screen is on. You would think that turning the backlight to full (not automatic) would keep the buttons lit. This is literally my only complaint after 3 days with the Rezound. I love this phone and the Nexus will have to blow me away to make me switch.

keithk58

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So is this problem limited to a few devices or is everyone experiencing this? For me it won't come on until way past the ambient light level where I can see the buttons. I wonder if once we have root that will be something we could change?

silvertone3

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This is not a fix,but it will turn on your leds, just put your thumb over the sensor. Its at the top left of the verizon logo they will stay lit as long as you want.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually glad they're not on whenever the screen is on. Any little thing to save power. For those times in low light levels, a quick lower palm of my hand over the top of the phone lights em up them just long enough.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
i don't mind that they are not on in bright light, but often enough it is too dark to see the buttons and they still don't light up.

getting my insurance replacement tomorrow will see how that one fares.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually glad they're not on whenever the screen is on. Any little thing to save power. For those times in low light levels, a quick lower palm of my hand over the top of the phone lights em up them just long enough.

I agree. Having my Rezound for about a week anything that doesn't stay lit up can mean longer talk time or web exploring or even photo/video time. My lights have been working normally. Enjoy :)

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely the case with mine. The lights always come on when I wake up the phone, but too often they go off when the light is too dim to actually see the icons. Since I still know where they are, I consider it be an annoyance more than a bug.

Equally annoying, is how many times I accidentally hit the search icon in the bottom right hand corner and cause the keyboard to pop up when I don't need it. Since this function is always available elsewhere, I wish I could deactivate this button.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm confounded because I don't have this issue. My capacitive buttons stay on if in low light and only go off if there is sufficient lighting. So it can't be a software issue because I don't have the problem.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm confounded because I don't have this issue. My capacitive buttons stay on if in low light and only go off if there is sufficient lighting. So it can't be a software issue because I don't have the problem.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Possibly we define what is sufficient lighting differently.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana