1st pixel since 1xl from s22u

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
First the feel. I generally loved the feel of my notes. I wasnt expecting to like the p6p as much as I do. I had to pick the ultra back up because the pixel felt so light and balances. I thought the camera visor was going to make it feel top heavy. by itself and with the case it felt great. I do feel that the buttons and the screen feel cheap. what I mean is the buttons feel cheap clickness. not sure the reason and in terms of the glass, its the solidness of it. Like when i tap the screen on the ultra, its solid, but the pixel has a hollow or plastic feel.

I had some issues porting everything over, until I remembered the start fresh approach. 2x i tried from phone to phone before just restoring from cloud. the phone was quite warm during this process, but I feel thats normal from my experience. The charging it slow and although I general like slow charging as a general rule, I definitely utilized faster charging many times to bump up a dying phone. Also with this is the lack of charger in the box. I get google isnt alone, I have had issues with samsung doing the same thing, Not my favorite things to be copying apple with. The reason its an issue for me as the years go on is that, a some point, I will have to get a charger for my phones. I actually think I still have the 1xl but its concerning to me using chargers either over powered or under powered. I know this my be poppykosh, but call me old fashion, I like using chargers, cords and such with the company that made the product. I feel like I am being forced to spend more money on accessories each time I switch phones, which is the point ( dam you apple).

I have some learning to do but in terms of the use of the phone, I am of course struggling with all my habits. The power and volume buttons or flipped, I am missing the 3 buttons on the bottom and not instinctually using the gestures. The drop down menus are confusing and not well laid out, the finger print sensor is slow, no face unlock, adaptive brightness sucks, cant use all the real-estate on the home screen, only 1 home screen panel, no folders in the app draw, home app and drop down buttons default to my inlaws house for lights and such, not sure how to quickly launch the camera, not sure how to shut the phone off or restart.
I am sure some of this is my fault. Just not used to the differences. Maybe in the end, samsung has expanded on the UI in a manor I prefer. we shall see. I like options. I like customizing, generally I bet most fans prefer android over ios for these reasons.
I know I can install nova, lock or other apps. Also understand that I will love this phone. I am not saying any off this is a deal braker and I will adjust. I am at this moment equally frustrated with the faults and or differences with my p6p and also excited to begin learning and growing with my new device.

I know I am late to the game and maybe if al goes well maybe i the p7p.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
"I am missing the 3 buttons on the bottom"

You can change that back in the settings. My wife hated gestures so I changed her back.

Try a wireless charger.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You can change that back in the settings. My wife hated gestures so I changed her back.

Try a wireless charger.
I tried going back to buttons a couple times and just couldn't I like the gesture flow and full screen

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Try a wireless charger.

Yes I know I can switch things, I like trying things. Giving designed intent a chance. And if I cant take it anymore switch.

I have been wirelessly hooked since my palm pre. I am pretty set in my days. Retired so not much changes. I have a wireless. Car mount and mostly never use more then a days worth of battery. So much so, I have switched from charging every night all night, to only when needed. I can probably go a couple of days oj 1 charge, if I am driving some. My issue is, if I needed a quick boost, my Samsung's all got a large chunk of battery even in so much as 15 minutes. Call it the shower boost. So generally not an issue and due to lifestyle it shouldn't be a problem.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried going back to buttons a couple times and just couldn't I like the gesture flow and full screen

My son has the 4a. Watching him use his phone I agree. It will just take time. I was a huge palm pre fan and owner. I still get a kick out of current mega corps advertising or implementing feature that palm had 13-14 years ago. Like Tucker for cars.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Also as an example in terms of charging, driving just now with gps running I was at a loss while wirelessly charging in my car mount. I don't recall that happening since the curved lg phone I had that was a nighmare. I know it may settle down and I a sure I could tweek settings to help. And I am not sure the charging capacity of the mount. I also have the car charger the mount is plugged into has an extra USB c to charge directly. Again, not saying it's terrible. I am sure I made choices to get the Samsung all settled and if I was starting new, I would make sure the pixel was set, just like I did historically.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, no gps on the way home and still not increasing. I may need to consider the position of the sensor compared and look at setting. It shows charging but doesn't go up faster then idle.

Also something I wasn't aware of, the speaker imbalance. I am sure not all of my Samsung's we're equal, but the balance of which speaker the sound comes out of is, so far, unignorable. Not a word. I have sett he ai sound adjusting thingy but still very lopsided. Upright it sounds great, but who watchs videos and movies upright.

JStu313

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My guess is your wireless charging is heating the phone too much to actually increase your battery%. It seems google has really throttled charging more so than say the S22 ultra when the temperature starts to rise. Using a case, as most of do, acts as more of an insulator unfortunately.
I've found that directing my airflow/AC in the car towards my P6 Pro is the only way it will actually charge when driving.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My son has the 4a. Watching him use his phone I agree. It will just take time. I was a huge palm pre fan and owner. I still get a kick out of current mega corps advertising or implementing feature that palm had 13-14 years ago. Like Tucker for cars.
Tucker cars they are beautiful vehicles

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My guess is your wireless charging is heating the phone too much to actually increase your battery%. It seems google has really throttled charging more so than say the S22 ultra when the temperature starts to rise. Using a case, as most of do, acts as more of an insulator unfortunately.
I've found that directing my airflow/AC in the car towards my P6 Pro is the only way it will actually charge when driving.

It's mounted right above the vent, blowing directly at it. Phone was cold when I took it off the cradle. I will continue to trouble shoot and see how it goes. I have only had it for a few days. I usually give it a week before I start trusting the nature of things.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Tucker cars they are beautiful vehicles

The beauty of them was as much the inavations as it was design. The big 3 really couldn't have that. I wanted so badly for the palm WebOS to work. And it was a big tease having lg buy it. Ironically that's how I still use it today. I have 3 LG tvs all running webos