Boot loop

terrywp

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think a few people here are missing the real issue and how to resolve it. The battery cover has nothing to do with it. The issue is that the phone's default connection setting has somehow changed and is incompatible with the SIM card. Therefore, the phone reboots. To stop the rebooting so that you can change the connection default to a compatible setting, shut the phone down, pull the SIM card out, and boot the phone without the SIM card installed. The phone will then stop attempting to connect at all. Open the phone app, dial *#*#4636#*#* then change the connection properties there.

FYI...I had this problem and made the appropriate change and was able to use my phone normally, but once I rebooted again, the issue returned. I'm still investigating.

UPDATE - Ok, well I am partially wrong about the battery cover...it appears it DOES have to do with whether the phone will reboot or not, albeit only because the phone doesn't try to connect. It does not, however, help with resolving the root issue causing the phone to reboot in normal circumstances. Still investigating, will update as I find out more.

Last edited:

jzdodge

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I had three rebound phones in twelve days last week. The last two they gave me kept doing that rebooting. After the last one they busted my chops but let me switch to the rzar without paying the restocking few

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me this morning, while browsing, outta the blue. Read this in the previous infinite boot loop thread but thought it was more anomoly than issue. No pc access at the time, so I called cs, then tech. support. Explained what happened, he told me he had no info. on the problem in the database.Told them of the fix that was in the forum, which I couldn't view, he looked it up it, saw it was an xda workaround and had a heart attack like using it was gonna fry up the phone. I said I get that you don't want us using unapproved fixes but the access is in the software for a reason. He said he'd lose his job if he told me the fix. Had me factory reset, come to find out my sd card content was completely wiped and damaged, google failed to back up anything I had it selected to, Lookout saved a few contacts but nothing to be happy about. Now this thing is laggy. Can't wait til they give me the follow up call, later.:mad:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me this morning, while browsing, outta the blue. Read this in the previous infinite boot loop thread but thought it was more anomoly than issue. No pc access at the time, so I called cs, then tech. support. Explained what happened, he told me he had no info. on the problem in the database.Told them of the fix that was in the forum, which I couldn't view, he looked it up it, saw it was an xda workaround and had a heart attack like using it was gonna fry up the phone. I said I get that you don't want us using unapproved fixes but the access is in the software for a reason. He said he'd lose his job if he told me the fix. Had me factory reset, come to find out my sd card content was completely wiped and damaged, google failed to back up anything I had it selected to, Lookout saved a few contacts but nothing to be happy about. Now this thing is laggy. Can't wait til they give me the follow up call, later.:mad:

Of course Verizon can't endorse unofficial solutions that technically use a secret menu to access. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I don't see why going to

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Network mode

Then just switch the network mode, if you are on "LTE/CDMA" then switch to "CDMA Only", then it will switch to "CDMA Auto (prl)". If you are on "CDMA Only" then switch to "LTE/CDMA" and that should switch you to "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto". I tried to force my phone onto "WCDMA preferred" via LTE onoff widget and did the above and it switched back no problems.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Of course Verizon can't endorse unofficial solutions that technically use a secret menu to access.

I didn't do it expecting an answer. I said it to get my digs in because he acted like a factory reset was the only option and wasn't a big deal cuz he didn't have anything on the screen he was looking at and HTC hadn't notified them of any issue.

it hasn't happened to me yet, but I don't see why going to

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Network mode

Then just switch the network mode, if you are on "LTE/CDMA" then switch to "CDMA Only", then it will switch to "CDMA Auto (prl)". If yoxu are on "CDMA Only" then switch to "LTE/CDMA" and that should switch you to "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto". I tried to force my phone onto "WCDMA preferred" via LTE onoff widget and did the above and it switched back no problems.

I could access settings from my home screen but couldn't modify anything cuz the screen would freeze and just reboot.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't do it expecting an answer. I said it to get my digs in because he acted like a factory reset was the only option and wasn't a big deal cuz he didn't have anything on the screen he was looking at and HTC hadn't notified them of any issue.
I

I could access settings from my home screen but couldn't modify anything cuz the screen would freeze and just reboot.

Even when you pulled the sim and removed the back cover?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Even when you pulled the sim and removed the back cover?

Didn't read about what you're referring to cuz I didn't have web access during the time this all occurred. It wasn't til after I reset everything and got back online, that I read about everything in great detail. My laptop is on loan to a friend, or else this whole event would've gone differently for me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Didn't read about what you're referring to cuz I didn't have web access during the time this all occurred. It wasn't til after I reset everything and got back online, that I read about everything in great detail. My laptop is on loan to a friend, or else this whole event would've gone differently for me.

You probably would have been better off calling your friend instead of Verizon tech support. LOL!

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Happened to my 24 hour old Rezound :'( I had to factory reset and when that didn't work, I took it to the corp store for a swap :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have 4G turned off and I just got stuck in a boot loop. Had to research the SIM card to get the phone to boot up.

Yeah, it seems to be a problem with some phones. I haven't personally experienced it myself though.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to post a "thank you" for this thread. I had heard some people had bootlooping problems at times, but I hadn't until now... I was just swapping batteries and it started looping when I turned it back on. For some reason it had switched to "WCDMA Preferred".

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Sorry it happened, but I just had a first chance to see the solution because it did. Hehe. So, thanks. :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Does any one have this as a recurring problem or once you have it fixed once it never happens again? It has happened to my wife's rezound like 5 times now. Has this happened to anyone once they were on the leaked RUU?

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I just had it happen. I had the boot look problem in April, found this thread and it fixed it. I just downloaded about 7 updates to my phone. I figured what the heck, its been a while since i rebooted. So I powered down the phone normally and BLAM!!!! I'm back in boot loop mode for the first time in ages.

But it gets better. So I figure I'd do what I've had to do and do the procedure to reset the phone to CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto. Except this time it won't work. Battery cover is off. One time I got to the dialer, followed the procedures and it rebooted before I was done. The next time I was in the middle of pressing the keys in the dialer and it rebooted. The 3rd time looks to have been the charm.

Oh and I'm 100% stock.

Maybe its just a bad time but I have had it with this phone. This is the 3rd one that has done this.

Maybe I'm a bit touchy but right now I am ready to throw this phone in the pool. I own a micro business. Right now I am in the middle of our biggest project ever, a project that if it goes through will mean the big time for me. I will become a real business. I will be able to hire folks, yada yada yada. The problem is that the client is difficult, to put it politely. They have me on a short leash and demand 24/7 access to me. So my phone can literally make or break this deal and I have everything riding on it.

In all of this I was on the phone with Verizon and they offered me a MAXX for my troubles. I'm danged tempted to take them up on it. Sure it means a downgrade of sorts, but it also offers stability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer