Seperate Notifications

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I apologize about my newness and i did a search but got a billion responses back.

I am a previous webOS users who had different notifcation sounds for each even that happened (ie ringtone, sms, email, alarms)

I have only found that i can set the ringtones and a generic notification tone. What am I missing?

Last edited:

lurker916

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
You have to go to Settings in each app to assign the specific notification sound. I know that you have to do that for the native SMS and calendar apps. If the app doesn't have the option to customize the sound, then it will use the default sound you chose under the "personalize" menu.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I apologize about my newness and i did a search but got a billion responses back.

I am a pervious webOS users who had different notifcation sounds for each even that happened (ie ringtone, sms, email, alarms)

I have only found that i can set the ringtones and a generic notification tone. What am I missing?

For emails, open the "Mail" app. Hit the Menu button, click on Settings. If you have multiple accounts, click on one, and from there you can customize a notification sound for each individual email account. All 3 can have different sounds.

For alarms, open up the "Clock" app. Go to the Alarm tab, and click on the alarm you want to customize (it has the time, days of the week, and check box), and from there you're able to pick out an alarm sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216