Mute from lock screen

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
One feature I do miss from my OG Droid is the slide to mute from the lock screen. I did install a Mute widget and added it as one of the lock screen apps, but of course it unlocks the phone when I drag it to the circle. Any suggestions, if it is at all possible, to mute from the lock screen without unlocking the phone?

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just press the volume down button once to mute the ringer but I think it sends the caller straight to voicemail.

That will mute an incoming call when it rings, but I am interested in silencing phone calls or alerts completely. On the OG, you could just use the lock screen icon, and it would either set the phone to vibrate, or completely silent, based on how you had the default vibration set. I know I am being nit picky, because I can just unlock the phone and turn down the ring volume to vibrate or silent, I just miss the single swipe ability to do so.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You can just turn ur volume all the way down to vibrate or ring. I know its not the same as the droid, but pretty much :)

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Having just migrated from BB to Android, where one just had to press a power button to do that, I asked several people at VZW TS and at the store this very same question. All said that this wouldn't work on an Android. And guess what? It works. It shuts off both the ring and the vibration. The only thing I'm not clear about is whether, at that point, the caller is sent to voicemail right away, or he/she has to wait through ringing until voicemail picks up.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
well you can always download widget locker by telsacoil software and either add as silence widget or use a new slider like the one found on ur og Droid.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo