Repeat Boot Cycle

anon(574288)

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
SO.....I was playing around with a bunch of new apps setting up widgetlocker, and it locked up...then the reboot started
Let it go two times and was able to do a clean shutdown, battery and phone felt hot, let them sit for about 30 minutes separated from each other.
Pulled the 4g sim card, restarted and it worked fine, thought sweet, phone is back!
clean shut down, put sim back in and started, now stuck in reboot mode again

This is the second time its happened in the last 2 months, 1st time i did a factory reset, huge pain in the a$$!

Any ideas so i dont have to fact reset?

Thanks in advance!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
SO.....I was playing around with a bunch of new apps setting up widgetlocker, and it locked up...then the reboot started
Let it go two times and was able to do a clean shutdown, battery and phone felt hot, let them sit for about 30 minutes separated from each other.
Pulled the 4g sim card, restarted and it worked fine, thought sweet, phone is back!
clean shut down, put sim back in and started, now stuck in reboot mode again

This is the second time its happened in the last 2 months, 1st time i did a factory reset, huge pain in the a$$!

Any ideas so i dont have to fact reset?

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully you've got the problem solved by now. One person out there said that you can go into recovery mode(hold vol down + power) and instead of choosing factory reset, just choose reboot. Some people have had luck with getting in like you did with the 4G Sim out, then turn the phone to 3G mode, reboot, replace the sim and then switch back to 4G. Either way if you've had this problem more than once, return the phone. There's probably something wrong with it.

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a few days ago. Nothing stopped the bootloop. I had to go to Verizon and they sent me a new phone.

Sent from my Rezound

anon(574288)

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you've got the problem solved by now. One person out there said that you can go into recovery mode(hold vol down + power) and instead of choosing factory reset, just choose reboot. Some people have had luck with getting in like you did with the 4G Sim out, then turn the phone to 3G mode, reboot, replace the sim and then switch back to 4G. Either way if you've had this problem more than once, return the phone. There's probably something wrong with it.

Thanks!
I was able to get into the LTE Switch app before it reset and saw it was on WCDMA preferred switched it over to CDMA auto, reset and BOOM! worked
Thanks for your help again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo