Infinite Reboot

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound went into an infinite reboot and even after the battery removal it still rebooted. Attempted the Pwr/ volume Dwn button factory reset but couldn't do it due to the rebooting.

Finally after the rebooting depleted the battery and went into shutdown, I recharged it and then it recovered and i did a factory reset.

Working fine now but has anyone experienced this?

Costco is sending a new Rezound for exchange.

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound went into a infinite reboot and even after the battery removal it still rebooted. Attempted the Pwr/ volume Dwn button factory reset but couldn't do it due to the rebooting.

Finally after the rebooting depleted the battery and went into shutdown, I recharged it and then it recovered and i did a factory reset.

Yowsers, that's a new one to me. What were you doing when it happened? Booting up?

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No, powered it on in the morning (sleep state), Live weather wallpaper starting flashing so after i did a restart it came back in a continuous reboot state and the rest is history.

Bretski

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My Rezound went into an infinite reboot and even after the battery removal it still rebooted. Attempted the Pwr/ volume Dwn button factory reset but couldn't do it due to the rebooting.

I had the same problem and just returned it for a new one. I checked out the Nexus while doing the return. Definitely a nice phone. Too big for me and IMO, felt cheap in the hand. I compared screens and it was really close. Frankly I don't like how the brighter colors look. I, sure that those who have waited for it will be very happy.;)

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just my luck the replacemnt phone arrived with hot pixels, prior to the repetitive rebooting I Iinstalled PDANET a few hours prior to the problem.

After the factory reset I never reinstalled PDANET and phone has been operating without a hitch, I'm going to keep this phone and just forget about the reboot and call it a fluke.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just my luck the replacemnt phone arrived with hot pixels, prior to the repetitive rebooting I Iinstalled PDANET a few hours prior to the problem.

After the factory reset I never reinstalled PDANET and phone has been operating without a hitch, I'm going to keep this phone and just forget about the reboot and call it a fluke.

my original rezound came with a dead pixel...from costco also. how much did they charge for the replacement as collateral (in case you don't return the origina defective one)?

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
my original rezound came with a dead pixel...from costco also. how much did they charge for the replacement as collateral (in case you don't return the origina defective one)?

$106.60, the phone hopefully will be fine and it would pain me to return it as it's perfect other than that rebooting which occured only once.

It doesn't overheat or any other issues, here's a link which others have experienced similiar issues.

https://www.google.com/search?q=htc...n-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS403