No "Starring" of contacts ability??

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been at this for about 30 minutes and I think it's a "sense" thing but hoping somebody might have a solution.

Coming from Droid/DroidX/Nexus, I really like the simplicity in adding a star with one click to a contact, and then that contact is sync'd in google contacts in the "starred in android" group.

I use this group as my main contacts with phone numbers since my "ALL" contacts is quite large and consists of lots of people with email only I don't communicate with regularly.

With Sense, it seems there are "group", like vip, favorites, family, etc, and no ability to star a contact. Really hope somebody has seen/heard of a solution to this.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
i am in the same boat. but you can just use the groups. i use favorites. they show up as starred in android. as in all my contacts that were starred on my droidx sycned with my rezound in the group favorites.

so my guess is you can go star them in android on your google contact list and it will sync or use Groups on Sense, pick Favorites and then hit the +ADD button on the top right. you can then add multiple contacts at once.

not as great but not so bad as having to edit each contact.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I'm not sure why, but before, when adding new contacts, I was never able to change the "type". Now after fiddling with it a bit, I can now select my gmail account and it appears to be working. Just another reason why I hate Sense. Love this phone...but sense makes me angry.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I'm not sure why, but before, when adding new contacts, I was never able to change the "type". Now after fiddling with it a bit, I can now select my gmail account and it appears to be working. Just another reason why I hate Sense. Love this phone...but sense makes me angry.

yeah. just waiting for custom roms to give it a go.

at least the favorites show up directly underneath your recent call history on the phone tab. so that's the important part to me. although i wish they got a dedicated tab. havent figured how to add that yet.