What speed is the included microSD card?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What class is the microSD card that comes with the Rezound?

I assume that using a faster one won't dramatically improve performance... It's already a great phone but can't help but ask.

:)

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought you could only get class 6 64GB micro SD cards. And will you see the difference in class 4 vs class 10. Hopefully...

Class Speed
Class 2 2 MB/s
Class 4 4 MB/s
Class 6 6 MB/s
Class 10 10 MB/s

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
A lot of variables here.

In 'older' phones the processor couldn't feed data to the sdcard any faster than a class 4 could support ergo why most phones come with a class 4 sdcard if they provide one. As you know, the Rezound comes with a fast dual core processor and should support higher transfer rates.

A lot of class4 sdcards can support faster transfer rates than their rating....luck of the draw.

I use a 32GB class 10 sdcard and it seems noticeably snapier than the 16GB card than came with the Rezound. Didn't do any quantitative benchmarks before or after the swap so can't help much there.

Again, its luck of the draw with max speeds from any sdcard. A lot of lower rated cards will perform faster than their rating. The main advantage of getting a class 10 is your sure it will support 10 mbs.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So along with the OP question, I have a ton of pictures on my current D1, so when I get my new phone, the higher the class, the faster the phone can bring them up and sort through them?

B

budmonster

So along with the OP question, I have a ton of pictures on my current D1, so when I get my new phone, the higher the class, the faster the phone can bring them up and sort through them?

yes.

to everyone else, the Rezound can handle 64gb cards right? or is 32 the limit?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought you could only get class 6 64GB micro SD cards. And will you see the difference in class 4 vs class 10. Hopefully...

Class Speed
Class 2 2 MB/s
Class 4 4 MB/s
Class 6 6 MB/s
Class 10 10 MB/s

in theory, yes, but in practice, it depends, I had a Patriot class 10 sd card that was getting 4.x write speeds on large files. my class 4 sandisk was getting higher speeds...

it also depends on what you need it for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress