Folder Options for Gingerbread?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know ICS has folders, but for the meantime, for those who don't want to root, I was wondering what the best folder app is at this time? I use an app called "Folder Organizer" which works okay, but I was wondering if there was a better app out there?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use one called Apps Organizer. Works great. Pulls up apps list and let's you assign one or more "labels" to the app. On Personalize you select shortcuts, then select the categories or labels you've assigned to go onto the Home screen(s). When you select that, you get a pop-up with the apps.

I think it's actually better than "folders" because the app can have more than one label/category so it can be in multiple "pseudo-folders" on multiple home screens. A bit redundant perhaps, but sometimes you might want to show something as a tool AND a utility, for example and have it in more than one place for quick access.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, both Folder Organizer and Apps Organizer are written by the same developer, so they probably work almost identically - Folder Organizer just allows you to group other things besides apps.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
SiMi Folder and SiMi clock. The clock is just sweet, but you can make folders with simi folder and trigger them on different spots on the clock, so they are kind of hidden from view. Super minimalist, super awesome.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use one called Apps Organizer. Works great. Pulls up apps list and let's you assign one or more "labels" to the app. On Personalize you select shortcuts, then select the categories or labels you've assigned to go onto the Home screen(s). When you select that, you get a pop-up with the apps.

I think it's actually better than "folders" because the app can have more than one label/category so it can be in multiple "pseudo-folders" on multiple home screens. A bit redundant perhaps, but sometimes you might want to show something as a tool AND a utility, for example and have it in more than one place for quick access.

Apps organizer is similar to folder organizer. But in apps organizer, you select each app and then choose which folder it goes into. In folder organizer, you select the folder then select which apps go in it. I tried both but prefer folder organizer better. You can also do contacts and other arrangements in folder organizer.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Application folder works well and gives you several different layouts. Grabbed the pro version from the Appstore when it was free. Currently running it with minimalistic text.