voice recognition

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
under settings>voice input output>voice recognizer settings>personalized recognition...... i am on the fence about opting into this service, it would be great to have better voice recognition as i use the speech to text feature alot. i am a bit concerned about them keeping the recordings for the obvious reason but with the info being sent to google wouldn't that also affect the battery life? how about data, not so much worried about the data use as i have unlimited data (thank goodness)

if you have opted into this service how is it working for you? has it improved the recognition?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Vlingo? It's pretty accurate..and on the subject of things being sent to google...remember that we've basically offered all of our personal information to google on a platter just by using Android...what's a few voice recordings between us and megacorps?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Vlingo? It's pretty accurate..and on the subject of things being sent to google...remember that we've basically offered all of our personal information to google on a platter just by using Android...what's a few voice recordings between us and megacorps?

Agreed. I'd also like to point out that if you have a Facebook, you've already given just about every personal identifier to Mark Zuckerberg, and he isn't exactly keeping your information on the down-low. Google has a better track record than most with this type of information, so I'm not too worried about the privacy aspect.

As for the voice recognition, it's great. Saying an address out loud to Google Maps while driving is 100x easier than typing it out. Speech-to-text is pretty handy as well.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
under settings>voice input output>voice recognizer settings>personalized recognition...... i am on the fence about opting into this service, it would be great to have better voice recognition as i use the speech to text feature alot. i am a bit concerned about them keeping the recordings for the obvious reason but with the info being sent to google wouldn't that also affect the battery life? how about data, not so much worried about the data use as i have unlimited data (thank goodness)

if you have opted into this service how is it working for you? has it improved the recognition?

It does improve the accuracy of the speech to text. The more words recorded the more accurate you will be. You can always go back and erase them if you want to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty