Overheating heating issue, possible solve

aschuhart

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Rezound since launch, but the past week I ran into a major overheating issue (with orange/green blinking notification light and extremely hot to touch phone) along with issues of severe battery drainage with no explanation and the phone was even cutting off due to overheating and I would have to air out the battery before it would even allow me to turn it on again. Just up and started one day. After reading several of posts of the same issue spread all over the interwebs, I thought my only choice was to call up verizon and get a replacement.

However last night I decided to try something different. I had recently installed a new live wallpaper (the HD Zombie Virus) shortly before the problems started, and also had installed several new games from the .50 sale in the market. I took off the live wall paper, put up a solid black boring regular wallpaper, and uninstalled all the large install games (like Dead Space, and since I have a tablet, I'll just play those on it which is much easier anyways). After doing this I noticed an immediate difference. Haven't had an overheating warning yet today, phone isn't getting nearly as hot as it did, and battery life has improved dramatically which of course can be attributed to the lack of heat since heat kills battery performance.

Another thing I had noticed though, after I had installed the live wallpaper, even with the phone locked and sitting in it's pouch on my duty belt, the phone and pouch would get pretty hot. Even in airplane mode, with screen brightness turned down, which it had never done before.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've had plenty of other live wallpapers before the Zombie Virus that didn't cause any issues at all. Not sure if it was even that what was causing the problems or if it was a different app or a combination.

Last edited:

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have loaded the Free version of the wall paper and as I have a charge next to me i wont worry about battery life. I'll let you know if i get the same heating issue.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, what do you expect to happen when you install a live wallpaper called "zombie virus?"
Consider yourself lucky it only ate your battery.