Verizon is way behind!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Posted on Facebook this morning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC

We're thrilled to share the sweet news with you first. Starting today, the HTC Vivid on AT&T will be one of the first smartphones in the U.S. to receive an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, along with an optimized audio experience with Beats By Dre and a refreshed HTC Sense experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Uh oh, you blew your cover, I thought you changed your username to throw off those rotten Airtouch bill collectors. They"ll be on your tail for sure, better grease up those bearings in your blades.

LOL! Yep, I better grease up those bearings!

It's hard to believe I have only been with one cellular company.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I'm going to say here is, your complaining about Verizon not releasing ICS update for your devices?

Think about how the Nexus S & Nexus S 4g users feel not getting ICS officially released yet.. ? Were sitting back getting skipped over by branded devices when we should of been one of the first phones updated after the release of the GNex.

I think these complaining threads about not receiving ICS updates need to settle down, everyone will get their updates when the manufacture and carrier feels they are bug free enough and ready for a daily driver.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not to be frank, but is anyone surprised? Verizon has to make sure the ungodly amount of bloat will work. Sense the rezound has as much or more than any other phone, expect to be one of the last. My girlfriend got a text from Verizon on her rhyme saying that an update was coming soon which I assume to be ics. Her phone has little to no bloat so I assume she will get it long before I will. Remember, paying more for a phone means getting more quality included apps from Verizon :D /rant

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, Rezound owners have little to complain about. You bought a phone fully aware that it is using an old OS. Given the fact you are participating in a forum like this one, it is well known that very rarely if ever are OS updates like this one are released without months of preparation first.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Reactions: moosc

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
To me is sounds like forum users are being scolded for discussing news and thier opinions.

I'm sorry, but this is not to way to maintain friendly participation on this board.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To me is sounds like forum users are being scolded for discussing news and thier opinions.

I'm sorry, but this is not to way to maintain friendly participation on this board.

We don't scold users for expressing their opinions as long as they are within the forum rules. We have no rule against speaking out about a device update. In no way or shape did I say that you can't openly speak, only that everyone needs to chill a little...

I was merely expressing my opinion on users complaining about their ICS update when here I own a Nexus device which should of received its update long ago and I'm still patiently waiting... I do happen to be on a carrier that is SLOW, Sprint.... Be thankful for what you have with Verizon.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I say everybody takea their frustrations out on all the bloggers who've been yacking about when Jellybeans coming out, over the past couple of days. That will make you feel a lil better about the wait.:p

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I say everybody takea their frustrations out on all the bloggers who've been yacking about when Jellybeans coming out, over the past couple of days. That will make you feel a lil better about the wait.:p

LOL!

Maybe we should just skip Ice Cream Sandwich and go straight for Jelly Bean. The only problem is that I like ice cream A LOT better than jelly beans
! :)

adriandude85

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I care about coverage and 4g service, Verizon has that over ATT. And if its really about getting ICS I'm rooting and can just flash Rom right away if I wanted it that bad.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue for many Rezound owners is that they were pretty much told first quarter 2012 for ICS and naturally most people want those upgraded features.

Verizon is a lot more expensive than AT&T and more is expected of Verizon than of AT&T.

I think Rezound owners have a right to want ICS and to complain, if they want to, because they have not gotten what they were told they were going to get.

I love my phone, with or without ICS, but I DO want the upgrade ... as do many others. Verizon has gotten so big, that it has dropped the ball in a number of areas (especially customer satisfaction) over the past few years. Telling customers that Rezound would have ICS in first quarter 2012 is just another sign that Verizon has lost touch and yes, is behind.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Motorola and vzw have always been good at or even first to get updates on phone. And like rezound they promised ics first quarter and now being told well they haven't hit consideration point yet. If u want ics and razr buy the GSM version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We don't scold users for expressing their opinions as long as they are within the forum rules. We have no rule against speaking out about a device update. In no way or shape did I say that you can't openly speak, only that everyone needs to chill a little...

I was merely expressing my opinion on users complaining about their ICS update when here I own a Nexus device which should of received its update long ago and I'm still patiently waiting... I do happen to be on a carrier that is SLOW, Sprint.... Be thankful for what you have with Verizon.

One of the reasons I chose Verizon is because for my uses, Verizon is substantially cheaper than Sprint.

I think the issue for many Rezound owners is that they were pretty much told first quarter 2012 for ICS and naturally most people want those upgraded features.

Verizon is a lot more expensive than AT&T and more is expected of Verizon than of AT&T.

I think Rezound owners have a right to want ICS and to complain, if they want to, because they have not gotten what they were told they were going to get.

I love my phone, with or without ICS, but I DO want the upgrade ... as do many others. Verizon has gotten so big, that it has dropped the ball in a number of areas (especially customer satisfaction) over the past few years. Telling customers that Rezound would have ICS in first quarter 2012 is just another sign that Verizon has lost touch and yes, is behind.

I think those of us seasoned realize that carrier or manuf. promises are not really to be trusted, and are in general delayed particularly in updates. If you must have ICS, get a phone with ICS already. Or get the leaked ICS which doesn't require root.

For my uses, AT&T would be about the same price as Verizon. But once I factor in my data uses, AT&T would be WAY more expensive than Verizon, since I use unthrottled 25-30gb 4GLTE. To get the same unthrottled data on AT&T would cost WAY more.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think those of us seasoned realize that carrier or manuf. promises are not really to be trusted, and are in general delayed particularly in updates. If you must have ICS, get a phone with ICS already. Or get the leaked ICS which doesn't require root..

If only Verizon had a good phone with ICS! I suppose Verizon will as soon as the Rezound gets ICS.:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non