Need your input....[made decision]

Which would you recommend?

• Total voters

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, if your gonna get a Motorola LTE phone, then go for the Razr Maxx. Clearly the best option there. Is having a QWERTY physical keyboard that important to you? Trust me, once you get adjusted to a virtual keyboard, you'll never go back. I used to think I needed a physical keyboard till I bought a Droid X (since it was the largest screen at that time). Then, when I was due for an upgrade I went to the store and tried the Droid 3 and Samsung Stratosphere. Holy crap, typing was excruciating. I had become so proficient at using a virtual keyboard plus word prediction that going back to the physical keyboard felt like molasses.

Physical keyboards are a throwback to the early 2000's when touch screens and phone processors were infant technology and the only typing people did on their phones was texting. Now that we have newer screens, fast processors, and an app market with limitless virtual keyboard programs the virtual keypad is the way to go.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, if your gonna get a Motorola LTE phone, then go for the Razr Maxx. Clearly the best option there. Is having a QWERTY physical keyboard that important to you? Trust me, once you get adjusted to a virtual keyboard, you'll never go back. I used to think I needed a physical keyboard till I bought a Droid X (since it was the largest screen at that time). Then, when I was due for an upgrade I went to the store and tried the Droid 3 and Samsung Stratosphere. Holy crap, typing was excruciating. I had become so proficient at using a virtual keyboard plus word prediction that going back to the physical keyboard felt like molasses.

Physical keyboards are a throwback to the early 2000's when touch screens and phone processors were infant technology and the only typing people did on their phones was texting. Now that we have newer screens, fast processors, and an app market with limitless virtual keyboard programs the virtual keypad is the way to go.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

I'll put it like this;
With a keyboard, making a grammatical error is a rare event for me.
Without a keyboard, spelling everything correctly in a text is a rare event for me.
There's a simple beauty in being able to text without even looking at the screen by just recognizing where the keys are. Either that, or I'm clinging on to the "good ol' days."

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll put it like this;
With a keyboard, making a grammatical error is a rare event for me.
Without a keyboard, spelling everything correctly in a text is a rare event for me.
There's a simple beauty in being able to text without even looking at the screen by just recognizing where the keys are. Either that, or I'm clinging on to the "good ol' days."

I agree that the feel of the keyboard makes a difference. But overall it probably should be a big deciding factor but more of a throw in?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
With the coming of an end to Verizon's unlimited plan I face a difficult task of choosing 4g phones for two of my family lines that are currently on 3g unlimited. I would ultimately like to just grab two Rezounds because they work great and I already have 2 of them on other lines. But with the recent price hike on them makes them unaffordable to me. So I've done some research on what's available to me currently and it seems the Droid Charge and Droid Razr are within my budget right now. Don't get me wrong, I would love to wait and get one of the newer phones coming available soon but I'm sure they will be priced out of my budget range also. So my two choices are Charge and Razr. My question to this Rezound community is ...... what are your thoughts on the two phones? Please no flaming on either phone, just your advice please. Each phone has it's positive and negative aspects. Thank you in advance for your input.

If you don't mind plugging in the rezound to charge during the day than the rezound is for you. My wife just bought the razr maxx and its a wonderful phone.
The only reason I would recommend it is that you will never have to recharge the phone at all during the day, and shes on 4g all day. Pretty amazing if you ask me. Its the only phone that blows away any phone right now for battery power and that's not exaggerating.
I have the extended battery for my rezound and its just butt ugly. Never use it.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been researching my options pretty carefully and came across this;
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/2...in-official-video-series-watch-them-all-here/
That looks pretty damn good, very close to stock. Is Moto attempting to make a comeback here or what? Also, I'll take the battery into greater consideration. It sucks that the "Motorola 4G Phone Sale" doesn't include the Razr Maxx apparently. Still $200

I love how alot if the new features are things the rezound had with gingerbread like shortcuts on lock screen and built in screen shot feature

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind plugging in the rezound to charge during the day than the rezound is for you. My wife just bought the razr maxx and its a wonderful phone.
The only reason I would recommend it is that you will never have to recharge the phone at all during the day, and shes on 4g all day. Pretty amazing if you ask me. Its the only phone that blows away any phone right now for battery power and that's not exaggerating.
I have the extended battery for my rezound and its just butt ugly. Never use it.

Well as I stated in my previous posts, I made my decision and bought the Razr. I got an excellent deal on it. It was $99.99 on sale and I had a phone freedom discount of $50(Best Buy) and they were also offering a $40 bill credit. So basically that took the cost of the Razr down to $39.99, while also taking care of that pesky $30 activation fee as well. So I think I made out pretty well. I still love my Rezound, but the Razr seems to have a better radio. The Razr seems to be able to pick up 4g where my Rezound wouldn't. I would have gotten a Maxx if it were a deal like the Razr because of the whole battery thing. But I've been doing some reading and it seems there are ways to get more out of the Razr battery. I may just end up switching back and forth between the Rezound and Razr, who knows. Also my wife played around with my Razr and she liked it so much we went back to Best Buy and bought another one at the same price/deal . She had a Rezound also. We will keep the Rezounds and just put them on one of our other lines so I will still be a part of the Rezound community. Well enough rambling and thanks again to all who contributed to this thread.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I love how alot if the new features are things the rezound had with gingerbread like shortcuts on lock screen and built in screen shot feature

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I'm ok with this as long as overall progress is being made with each iteration of Android. Manufacturers should give credit where it's due, and move along. Although come to think of it, didn't the iPhone have the screen shot thing going before us? :-X

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm ok with this as long as overall progress is being made with each iteration of Android. Manufacturers should give credit where it's due, and move along. Although come to think of it, didn't the iPhone have the screen shot thing going before us? :-X

Lol I have no idea, but you are probably right. I just get jealous of the razr's support from Verizon when the rezound gets nothing. It's a fine devise, but imo the rezound is better overal, and I like to poke fun at other's weaknesses ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW