Incredible 4g

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Who's in line for it? I can't imagine anyone leaving the rezound for it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you dump the rez for that pos then you need help. The only thing it has over us is sense 4.0.....oh wait I have that....

Ok a slightly bigger battery, but you wouldn't really notice it.

2 years ago that would have been big.... Now it is just the Rezound with downs syndrome....

Ps, I was not lashing out at the op.....

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

mosman22

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand the incredible 4 g, it seems like a step back for htc. If it came out last year I'd get it but with the one x and sg3 setting the standard, why would anyone get this? At least its only 150, even so I doubt they sell that many.

Sent from my rezound using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think they are taking the high end name they made off the first ones and cashing in on the reputation. That phone is inferior on so many levels but the Droid incredible name

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont get it...I see the Inc 4G as an upgrade from the Rezound. . Screen res, whatever. In my months with the Rezound and RAZR....it doesnt even play that big a part in the...or my... overall experience to say I will miss it. In fact...the Rezound screen overall isnt that great to me. I like my RAZR screen more.

Just the way the lte hardware is put together should mean battery battery life. A newer cpu could also mean battery battery life.

I think yall are underestimating the Inc 4G.

Reactions: Ry

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It is simply a phone they took too long to release so it never got upgraded parts. Keep in mind this is on the Incredible line so it was only needing to be a true upgrade from the Incredible 2. While we consider the Thunderbolt / Rezound a completely different line of phones the only thing that confuses people now it because the Incredible made the jump to 4g.

I used the phone yesterday and I can see from the sense 4.0 and ICS and phone size it will have some selling points for certain people. Myself I hate the fact I lose my menu button and search button for the 3 button setup. NFC is nice and beats audio supporting all apps is nice as well. This phone was never meant to be a replacement for Rezound or directly compete they are hoping for sales based on the "Incredible" tag and previous customers owning those phones. Also it will most likely stay around a 150$ price point.

Huge downfall is it has a lock to not be capable of putting the phone in 3g service anymore. Lot of people are going to hate this option because some need the option to use 3g an get better battery life at times.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
NFC and soc, those are the only upsides to the Inc 4g, everything else is the same or worse than the Rezound. Not worth 150....

Now...this I can understand a lil more. lol. As I am one having problems with the Rezound....maybe I'm looking at it from that perspective too. It also comes with a lil bigger battery and ICS out the gate. One major plus of ICS out the gate is hopefully less issues than those upgrading to ICS on the Rezound. I have a feeling many wont do a factory reset on the ICS upgrade....its gonna cause issues.

But....already seen a review that said its just like the Rezound screen for viewing angles and outdoor viewing. Dont care about screen res...but I do those 2 things since I spend lots of time outside. I might not be getting it. Hoping a One X XL comes to Verizon to see what that screen will be like.

And for benchmarks fiends....the Inc 4G is impressing. Thats that new SoC.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is no hope for a One X on Verizon, that ship has sailed. Yes the screens are the same for both phones, but as you stated the resolution and PPI (pixels per inch) favor the rezound pretty handily.

I would put my dual core, 1.5 ghz, sense 4, ICS Rezound up against the inc any day. It would be close.

SoC will help battery...no doubt. The batteries themselves are basically the same. I wouldnt doubt that the inc battery would fit the rez as well since they have close to the same form factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress