Which Case - Incipio Silicrylic or Seidio Active?

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
As someone using the Seidio Active, yes it does make the power button MUCH easier to push! It feels like just a little raised nub that's almost flush, but it responds immediately, unlike having to often dig a fingernail into the naked power button. I love the Active. HTH. :)

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

That helps a lot, thank you! I did end up ordering it and am looking forward to receiving it.

FYI, for anyone wondering about the other case, the Incipio Silicrylic, I did order that case about a month ago and I really do love it, but I ordered the pink/white and the white back plastic piece gets really drab and dirty looking, no matter how well you take care of it, and not much in the way of a cleaner restores that original whiteness. If there were no other case of that quality, I would just order it in another color. And in fact, I got it from Wireless Emporium, and they have a 90 day guarantee so even if I got the Seidio Active and did not like it, I could get another color in the Silicrylic.

I will also say, though, that based on the pix online, the Active case seems to offer a bit more protection around the front perimeter of the screen and since I had a screen crack on me from dropping, that might be a big sell for me. Will let you guys know what I think when it arrives.

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the grey / dark grey Silicrylic and really like it. The case makes the buttons easy to press and doesn't add much bulk. It also fits tightly. My only complaint is that on the corners, the matte finish on the hard shell has come off, but overall I love the case. I also like that it has cut outs for all the microphones and all because some other cases cover them. The cut out for the beats logo is cool too.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My co-worker just got a Seidio Active series for the Moto Razr, likes it a lot except that there is no plastic lip around the edges, just the silicon, so it catches on stuff and pulls loose from the phone. The Rezound version looks very similar so I think it would suffer the same issues.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker just got a Seidio Active series for the Moto Razr, likes it a lot except that there is no plastic lip around the edges, just the silicon, so it catches on stuff and pulls loose from the phone. The Rezound version looks very similar so I think it would suffer the same issues.

That's odd, since I would think that flaw would have come up in any online reviews. In this pic (hopefully, you can view it), it looks like the plastic part holds down the silicon enough so that this would not be an issue.

Amazon.com: Seidio CSK3HTRZD-GR ACTIVE Case for HTC Rezound - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Garnet Red: Cell Phones & Accessories

- - - Updated - - -

I have the grey / dark grey Silicrylic and really like it. The case makes the buttons easy to press and doesn't add much bulk. It also fits tightly. My only complaint is that on the corners, the matte finish on the hard shell has come off, but overall I love the case. I also like that it has cut outs for all the microphones and all because some other cases cover them. The cut out for the beats logo is cool too.

yes, I think the case is pretty good overall, though I wish the silicone came around the front a bit more. I think the edges are still a bit too "exposed" and on the sides, as opposed to the upper and lower corners that have the plastic piece holding them down, the silicone pulls away from the phone a bit too easily to offer much protection.

Still, sleek looking and overall, a nice case.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's odd, since I would think that flaw would have come up in any online reviews. In this pic (hopefully, you can view it), it looks like the plastic part holds down the silicon enough so that this would not be an issue.

Amazon.com: Seidio CSK3HTRZD-GR ACTIVE Case for HTC Rezound - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Garnet Red: Cell Phones & Accessories

- - - Updated - - -
Very similar case, if you look at the front the silicon runs all the way around the edges and is only supported by the plastic frame on the corners and in the middle of the side edges, her complaint was that the silicon snagged on stuff and pulled away from the phone since it is very flexible, and even after only a few days is starting to show signs of stretching. I played with it for a while and although it was thinner than my Otterbox, the Otterbox had a much better feel and plastic edge all the way around the front that sits higher than the silicon, and she wished she had gotten that instead. She also noted that the silicon collected dust and lint and showed it much more than the covering on my Otterbox

This is the one she got: Seidio CSK3MTRZ-PR ACTIVE Case for Motorola Droid Razr - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Amethyst by Seidio

I like Seidio cases, I have the Surface series for mine and love it! I have this one for my person Rezound: Seidio BD2-HR3HTRZD-RB Surface Combo Hard Case and Holster for HTC Rezound - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Royal Blue but if I wanted a more rugged case I would go Trident Kraken or Aegis series cases or Otterbox (this is on my work Rezound). I know several people who have Trident cases, not a single person has anything bad to say about them.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had Active cases on both Incredible 2 and Rezound, and while yes, the silicon catches a little bit, I haven't experienced any stretching. I put it in and out of my pocket, purse, cup holders in the car, etc and haven't had any trouble. Just my experience. :) I love the Seidio active; think it's a great case.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the one she got: Seidio CSK3MTRZ-PR ACTIVE Case for Motorola Droid Razr - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Amethyst by Seidio

but if I wanted a more rugged case I would go Trident Kraken or Aegis series cases or Otterbox (this is on my work Rezound). I know several people who have Trident cases, not a single person has anything bad to say about them.

Actually, I bought the Trident Aegis case and thought it was horrible! The piece that covers the power button absolutely DID NOT make it easier to turn the Rezound on/off, which was a huge issue for me., Plus, overall, I thought the case was not a great fit for the Rezound. So I returned it.

I should have the Seidio Active case in a few days and will be able to side-by-side compare that to the Silicrylic I now have. If I like it better and do not experience these issues you mentioned above, I will keep it and return the Silicrylic (since there is a 90 day return policy). If not, I will return the Seidio Active and just get the Silicrylic in a darker color so the gray/dirty look if not an issue.