Facebook not compatible with Rezound 4G?

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I briefly reviewed the forums and didn't come across the topic...sorry if it's already been posted.

Has anyone else noticed that Facebook doesn't work with 4G on the Rezound? It was ridiculously slow, so I tried another app and it worked fine. Get this: I went to the Facebook website on the browser and the page wouldn't load! I tried other websites...No problem.

I switched to 3G...fine, both the app and the website. WiFi...fine. App and website. 4G...same problem again. Mind-boggling.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Its not that Facebook isn't compatible with it; but it seems like update after update has destroyed the mobile experience. And it is weird that my Facebook seems to work faster in 3G than 4G. Weak sauce right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I am a fan of facebook,but it is definitely disabled on my Rezound running ics,CAN NOT STAND IT...facebook get your sh?* together with mobile...

sent from my ics equipped REZOUND

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Facebook has NEVER made a good app. One of the writers on the front page makes fun of it everytime there is an "update"

It isn't you or your phone...

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I briefly reviewed the forums and didn't come across the topic...sorry if it's already been posted.

Has anyone else noticed that Facebook doesn't work with 4G on the Rezound? It was ridiculously slow, so I tried another app and it worked fine. Get this: I went to the Facebook website on the browser and the page wouldn't load! I tried other websites...No problem.

I switched to 3G...fine, both the app and the website. WiFi...fine. App and website. 4G...same problem again. Mind-boggling.

I have the same problems at times too.

gerrychampoux

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem for months on my Rezound, and I get disconnected frequently when using Facebook under 4G. It appears that 4G itself goes down completely. I've disabled 4G for now, which helps. Hoping it will work better when I get ICS.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got 4g today and I am running the last leak of ics and I'm not us ing issues with facebook yet...fingers crossed

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I see a new update for Facebook, I kind of found a procedure which makes things work decently most of the time...

1) See new update for Facebook for Android (mutter oaths under breath and swear to myself)
2) Go to Settings - Privacy, then untick "Back up my settings" and "Automatic Restore"
3) Go to Settings - Applications - Running and find all instances of Facebook running, and stop them
4) Go to Settings - Applications - Manage Apps - Facebook then Force Stop, then Clear Data, Clear Cache, then Uninstall Updates (or Uninstall if coming from a non-Stock ROM that didn't include the FB app)
5) Restart phone
6) Go to Play Store and install/Update Facebook
7) Run Facebook, and set it up like the first time you have ever used it.

I know this seems pretty ridiculous, and it IS!!! But after countless times of updating and having issues with the Facebook app from my Inc2, Samsung Stratosphere, and now my Rezound, this is the most stable, issue free way I have found to keep Facebook running.

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
the strange thing is that it's not just the app but even the website on the browser! I have to switch to 3g to even use the website! weird.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I read something about this the other day. The app uses HTML5 almost exclusively. I am guessing that they do the same for the website.

This could be the root of the problems

Reactions: chrisrach3

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've ALWAYS had issues with Facebook with this phone.. mainly syncing contacts.. THEY JUST WON'T STAY SYNCED. Everyday it asks me to sync the same contacts over and over and over. So one day I decided to download Friendcaster and it syncs my contacts perfectly with no problems. Since then I've disabled the 'Sync Contacts' option in the Facebook app.