HTC Rezound: Headphone jack not working after Ice Cream Sandwich update

dillifer92

May 24, 2012
Visit site
When I tried to use my Rezound to listen to music this morning, the audio would only play out of the left side of whatever headphones/speakers I plug into the device. Verizon is shipping me a new Rezound, but I wonder if it's a software problem (updated to ICS yesterday.) Is anybody else having this problem?

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Headphone jack not working after Ice Cream Sandwich update

Two Rezounds upgraded to ICS via OTA, tried them both with Google Music, Winamp, and stock music player, all work just fine on both phones with headphones...

I don't believe in coincidence, but I do believe in bad luck, think you had some on this one.

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

are you sure your headphone jack isnt messed up or just dirty?

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Jacks work ok here. Did ya pull the battery? Try different headphones? Clean like mentioned in the previous post? Factory reset may be next.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I had the same issue. Turned out my headphones weren't plugged all the way in.

dillifer92

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried all of the things mentioned above before going in to Verizon. I guess it's just a hardware issue.

tlrandroid

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I am having a problem with my galaxy gio s5660m, my headphones dont work period! I have had various versions of ics on my device and still have the same issue. Last night i put miui 4.0.3 on my phone and, go fiqure.. same f@&^in problem! One version of ics i had excepted a headphone widget as a fix for the headphones. however the miui version comes up with a message that that widget is not avaliable on my devise. any ideas, and dont say "check with a different set of headphones" or "did you plug it in all the way?" i have enough of a brain too have already tried most anything.. so aby ideas??

Rocks2Snow

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

When I tried to use my Rezound to listen to music this morning, the audio would only play out of the left side of whatever headphones/speakers I plug into the device. Verizon is shipping me a new Rezound, but I wonder if it's a software problem (updated to ICS yesterday.) Is anybody else having this problem?

I am having the same problem, I have tried using my car audio and headphone but it does the same thing. The music only comes out of the left side. Just updated to ICS a few days ago.

betabyte

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I have had a very similar issue, I have an HTC Evo3d Sprint. I have not rooted the phone.

Neither of the headphones I tested with have mic capability
Headphone type, cheap walgreens 9.99 headphones
Headphone type, sweat proof nike headphone

Before the ICS Update:
Speaker Audio works with stock video and music player as well as 3rd party software
Headphone audio works with stock video and music player as well as 3rd party software
No audio issues whatsoever

Immediately After ICS Update:
Speaker Audio works with stock video and music player as well as 3rd party software
Headphone audio works only with stock music player, no audio through video player, no 3rd party software audio either

Troubleshooting steps:
Reboot the phone by pulling the battery out and putting it back in
Result was the same as before, no audio on headphones, but audio was fine through stock music player

Factory Reset with multiple reboots
Headphone audio works fine with both stock and 3rd party apps...only for a few hours
The workaround to get audio working on the headphones is the reboot the phone by pulling the battery out. A soft reset did nothing.

Stock apps tested - all work with headphones
Music
Notifications
Ringtones

Stock app that did not work was Sprint TV.

3rd party apps that I tested with - Only work for a short time after hard reboot
Pandora
MoboPlayer
Angry Birds

Any ideas on where the issue could be?

scooter4K

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

I was having the same problem (music on the left side only). Got the problem fixed by changing the TTY setting (turned it off) under "Call" in the general settings. Might give that a try and see what happens.

scarlet_aes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I was having the same problem (music on the left side only). Got the problem fixed by changing the TTY setting (turned it off) under "Call" in the general settings. Might give that a try and see what happens.

<3 This fixed my issue with only one side headphone playing. Settings> call>
Cdma call settings> tty off.

I knew it was a setting or software because all headphones worked fine on other devices, but only one side on the rezound..must have switched tty on after update. Yay sweet music again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89