No video playback

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I've found an issue with my phone since I installed the global ruu I cant get any of my videos to play that's on my phone or ones I just taken. Is there a work around for this?

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... I have the global RUU on my phone and can play videos just fine from the gallery with the default app. Are getting an error message, or FC, or something?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I had an issue where camcorder video was stuttering during playback. A reboot solved it.

Subscribed to see your response to above questions.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It won't do anything, so I don't know. Maybe I need look at my disabled apps and see if for some reason I got something disabled that I need to keep enabled.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Did you flash the RUU twice? Always recommended.

Did you load apps and/or settings from a backup? I never do - can cause problems.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, one thing I have found is that RE-enabling apps that were disabled is problematic, about 1 out of 4 still will not work and the phone requires a Factory Reset to get things working properly again, Polaris Office is a good example of an app on the Rezound that fails to re-enable properly almost every time.

For the most part, unless you know exactly what you are disabling, only disable the VZW bloat and apps that are obviously not needed like Let's Golf and that NFL app, most Android system and HTC apps with a few exceptions shouldn't be disabled in a stock ROM.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thought I would give an update on video playback I did have the video playback disabled once I enabled this my videos began working again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty