"Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped" loop

HTC User 735

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
HELP! I'm trying to use safe mode to fix it, but my keyboard still won't show up so I can't go in and clear the cache. All I remember before this happen is that my battery died, I was recharging and I got the message "HTC Sense has stopped."

I have even tried factory hard reset, but its not working (maybe I have fast boot selected?) I have no idea because I can't access or change it!

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick Marcum

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
This is late for you all, but perhaps this will be of further help to others that come across this issue. the info i provide is limited, because someone else did it for me and did not explain the entire procedure. but. Home Sense is an APP. if you can get to the app portion of your setting and find it, and click Clear Cache and Force stop it will remove the issue. it did for me at least. i know its not helpful but its the best i can do. good luck.

shellie20

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
This is late for you all, but perhaps this will be of further help to others that come across this issue. the info i provide is limited, because someone else did it for me and did not explain the entire procedure. but. Home Sense is an APP. if you can get to the app portion of your setting and find it, and click Clear Cache and Force stop it will remove the issue. it did for me at least. i know its not helpful but its the best i can do. good luck.

Thanks for your post. It was most helpful for me once I actually manged to get into the phone. I have a HTC Deisre Eye, only had it for a month. This afternoon it done a "system update". I have managed to get into the phone and uninstall the Home Sense App. It solved the error report issue, has screwed up my background pics a bit, but for the time being, who cares!! I can actually use my phone again!! lol.

shellie20

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your post. It was most helpful for me once I actually manged to get into the phone. I have a HTC Deisre Eye, only had it for a month. This afternoon it done a "system update". I have managed to get into the phone and uninstall the Home Sense App. It solved the error report issue, has screwed up my background pics a bit, but for the time being, who cares!! I can actually use my phone again!! lol.

Katiesakilljoy

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

How did you manage to get into the phone? I can't even get to my apps.

Clk_le

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
This thread is still helping people. Did a search today because Sense Home had stopped responding on my HTC M8, I was able to enter safe mode by turning off the phone, turning it back on and then immediately holding the volume down button to enter safe mode.

Once in safe mode I entered the app manager and clearing the cache of Sense Home stopped the problem. I identified the culprit as well. In my case it was the Yahoo Weather widget, the yahoo weather widget continues to cause issues if I try to add the widget to one of the screens.

Thanks!

ixora

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Av got the same htc sense loop. Updated my new phone and got an error report from htc sense home. Av tried every suggestion written above exceept factory reset. Pls help, dont wanna loose my messages through factoryreset.

Eric Korb

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe I never replied to this earlier today (I gave you all thanks though) - the problem was SOLVED!!! I uninstalled a couple of apps, and rebooted it, and it worked like magic! Thank you both so much for your help! :)

Thanks for the help. What worked for me was Safe Mode, stop Sense in App Mgr. Then, clear data for Sense. All was fine after reboot.

OMO ADIGUN

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to you guys for your help on my HTC one mini. Whoever that is having this problem can easily uninstall the (HTC sense input app ) and your phone will start working perfectly.

sydvich

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Well i had the same problem on my HTC Desire 610, i simply went to Settings>Apps>All>HTC Sense Input> Clear data... this will clear the data and error.

pandelico

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue than the op. I just factory restored my htc one m7 and am getting the same prompt. Also, Google grime or Google plus are also in the mix. I cannot enter a menu or any setting as I always have this message on the way. Blink feed is the one always on top. Please help

munireddy B

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Problem resolved by performing following simple steps
1. Settings --> Apps --> Tap on Downloaded --> select 'All' from the push down
2. Search for 'Sense Home' --> Tap on 'Sense Home' --> Scroll down till we found 'Clear cache'
3. Tap on 'Clear cache'
Now you will be relaxed by resolving the issue by yourself

Amit Pushp

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
my htc 516 is showing a message unfortunately htc sense has stopped it continuously showing this message and i can not to do anything i did every thing factory reset , clear cache everything but but it not fixed what should i do.

B0Bster

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Also having this problem with HTC One M8. I was constantly getting messages saying various aps had stopped working after the recent Android update. Then, a couple of days ago the phone would not boot up after the battery died, giving messages saying "com.htc.launcher" has stopped unexpectedly. I have cleared the partition cache and done a factory reset but getting nowhere as the phone still won't boot. Have I got a brick?? Stock M8 on UK 02 network. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!

newyorkninja

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you trayeight! My issue was slightly different but your post helped me figure it out. I thought the issue likely had something to do with an update. I think my phone died while it was updated Sense Home so I waited for my phone to prompt that updates were available, searched for Sense Home and just updated it. Problem was fixed! Only issue now is my contacts seem to be missing but I'm working on that.

Updates -> Sense Home

HTC M8 One

walaxrelax

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
In my case uninstalling recent apps as others have suggested and also updating the Sense Home app worked. Not sure tho which one got the job done but i'm pretty sure it was the latter.

Hellopast

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
For anyone looking through this if you can find a way to get to google store and update HTC sense home you should be good. Anyone who tells you you need to factory restart your phone after trying one thing to fix it is an ******* lol

KayAyyArr15

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my Rezound ran out of battery earlier today at work and turned off, so when I got home, I plugged it into my charger and turned it on a few minutes later (i.e. once it had about 10% charge or so). When it loaded, I unlocked my phone, and it attempted to load my home screen, but an error window showed "Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped." When I clicked OK, my phone just repeated the same thing with the same result.

Now, my phone is stuck in this loop, and I cannot access my home screen. I tried 1) restarting my phone and 2) turning it off/removing the battery/turning it on again, but the problem persists. Does anybody have any suggestions for this problem? Thank you!

I know my response is late, but hopefully it will help someone. I had this happen to me, a few minutes ago, actually. So, I went to where I could update my apps, and... VOILA! It started working once again! =)

No restart needed!

So, as the others above stated! It works!

PirateHunter

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my Rezound ran out of battery earlier today at work and turned off, so when I got home, I plugged it into my charger and turned it on a few minutes later (i.e. once it had about 10% charge or so). When it loaded, I unlocked my phone, and it attempted to load my home screen, but an error window showed "Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped." When I clicked OK, my phone just repeated the same thing with the same result.

Now, my phone is stuck in this loop, and I cannot access my home screen. I tried 1) restarting my phone and 2) turning it off/removing the battery/turning it on again, but the problem persists. Does anybody have any suggestions for this problem? Thank you!

--> THE exact thing happened to me where sense stopped working and it kept telling me to send error report. It seems my problem was that the HTC sense didn't update when the phone did. To fix this I just had to
1) go to the Google Search bar.
2) From there I typed in Google Play Store, 3) search HTC SENSE,
4) then hit Update and finally Open.
5)
It should work :)

T-Lee1979

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys I can't seem to get passed the error message to do anything you described. Any suggestions on that. The error message just keeps on looping and I can't actually push any other buttons

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non