"Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped" loop

outyfrom905

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
sorry for posting in old thread, but im having this problem with the m9, its happened twice now, i think i figured out why its happening, every time my phone completely runs out of battery life and i recharge it the problem happens. every time i have to press ok like a million times while i nevagate over to the options to factory reset my phone.. after i factory reset my phone the problem is fixed. yesterday was the second time in 2 weeks its happened and its really annoying losing every thing off your phone.

fatai agiri

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I was still able to navigate into apps even with the error message on screen. I entered Google Play and search for sense home and updated the application. It works fine and the error message disappeared

Moses5

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I have a similar issue and I am about to try to wipe cache but before I proceed I would like to know, what am I going to loose by doing so? Pictures, contacts or?

burningavenues

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Okay! So I have the HTC M9, and it's dying. I've dropped it so many times, it's so dented, and I've used it heavily. This problem has happened to me twice.

I've cleared the cache partition both times, but it didn't solve the problem. What did solve the problem was updating HTC Sense in the app store. Literally the moment it was installed the problems stopped. :) Give it a go and see what happens!

Hey guys I have a similar issue and I am about to try to wipe cache but before I proceed I would like to know, what am I going to loose by doing so? Pictures, contacts or?

Honestly, nothing. I think it resets the app permissions, but that's the only thing I've noticed. It's great, you get to know exactly what information each and every app is now using :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Elham_E

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have had this message for two days. I performed factory reset twice. But I am getting this message again.
I would really appreciate of any help. My phone is HTC one m9. :'(

BrettDoesPhones

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Right, so my phone died, I restarted it, got the sense home error and a com.google.process.gapps has stopped error repeating over each other.

I hit clear all data on Google Play services, this fixed the gapps error, but the sense home persisted, but only seemed to show up when I hit the home button. I cleared my HTC sense input cache and data to no avail. Then I google sense home to get to the store page for it, and thankfully there was an update available (otherwise I would have simply uninstalled/reinstalled). After updating I pressed home and still received the error, however I pressed open from the store page which brought me to themes or w/e. I downloaded some random Pokemon theme (didn't apply it) and pressed home. Totally worked. Took a little while for my apps and everything to appear again, but everything seems fine now.

I haven't installed anything for a bit but my phones been a bit wacky lately in general. For example the other day upon restarting after it died my phone decided to delete a seemingly random number of my contacts.

I think what made everything go haywire, however was after some restart when it started auto-updating apps which I had set to off for a good long while and had stored up a healthy supply of out dated apps. So I guess something in some update went ducky and upset my phone. Anyway, hopefully this helps someone and isn't just taking up space here. I'm on HTC m8 btw

weezie22

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I can't believe I never replied to this earlier today (I gave you all thanks though) - the problem was SOLVED!!! I uninstalled a couple of apps, and rebooted it, and it worked like magic! Thank you both so much for your help! :)

I am having problems with my htc does rebooting it make you lose photos and videos ?

Suillaebhain

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Newbie......with an HTC One M8

I have just had the same problem, and have done most of the boot options above, without any luck.

However, I've managed to recover my phone through another route......I was able to get to my Recent Apps screen, between the message popping up. Within here was "Play Store", where I could search, download and install HT Sense Home.

Once installed the phone is now up and running.

Veronica Carrillo

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
So I tried doing that - I held volume down/Power to get into HBOOT. Then, I scrolled down to 'Recovery' and when I selected it, my phone went to a black screen with an image of a phone and a red triangle (or something along those lines). After a few minutes, it rebooted on its own back to this state.

In case anybody is wondering, this phone is not rooted (and never has). Any ideas on what might be happening or how to fix it? I can maneuver my way into various apps and the Settings if need be, but the actual home screen/HTC sense is not working and giving me that error message repeatedly. Thank you!

I have the same problem. I was able to unlock my phone by putting in the digits of my passcode as fast as possible. the second I closed the notification I put the next digit until I unlocked my phone, it took a while but once I had access to my phone I downloaded the google launcher and from there you can do what you need to do

Last edited:

FrustratedBadger

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi okay so I am having the same problem the guy above is having and I tried all your advice and trying to get into safe mode but its not working for me I've tried a billion times but it doesn't seem to work for me please help

We had the same problem with ours today, I fixed it by going to the HTC sense home app in the play store (got to it by using Google Search since we couldn't get into any apps thanks to the error any other way) and installed updates to the sense home app. That fixed it for us, though it appears that we've lost all the contacts everything else is still there (photos, texts, all the apps we've downloaded, etc.) Hope this helps.

amanda212200

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
i had a similar problem. amidst the loop of utter terror, i was able to tap on the settings gear in the corner for the recent apps page. from there i went to storage and down to HTC sense and cleared all the cache & data. no bug after that.

Ray Trice

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Whoops, yeah, sorry, I haven't been stock in ages. But from there, clear cache. If not, reboot your phone. When it turns on, press and hold down the Volume Down button all the way, and if the phone boots up, it will say "Safe Mode" in the bottom left corner. From there, that means an app turned malicious or you recently installed a malicious app. Uninstall said app and reboot your phone normally, and if it boots up normally, you're good.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

I've got the sense home has stopped problem. I've tried the hold volume up and power button, and all it does is resets my phone. No recovery screen

I still have the problem. Everything that is listed here is not working for my phone yet

The only thing I've been able to do is reset my phone about 20 times

I tried clearing the cache andschoolgirl force stop. It did not work

Sdog7

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I managed to get to google play and searched for HTC sense.......updated it from there and bingo!! I now have my phone back after resetting and fiddling with it all day! Such an easy fix when you know :)

Ninja lord

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

Newbie......with an HTC One M8

I have just had the same problem, and have done most of the boot options above, without any luck.

However, I've managed to recover my phone through another route......I was able to get to my Recent Apps screen, between the message popping up. Within here was "Play Store", where I could search, download and install HT Sense Home.

Once installed the phone is now up and running.

Sorry about the way I am writing this but I didn't know how to post on this site.
I found a way to get past the HTC sense not working but unfortunately it doesn't get rid of it. What I do is that I unlock my phone and and if HTC pops up saying not working I restart my phone. I usually do this 3 or 4 times and then eventually when air unlock my phone after the 3rd or 4th sometimes 5th time it let's me use it as normal. I also feel that I should mention is that I deletes HTC sense on my phone but the problem persisted so I think it may be a combination. Of the two . Anyway hope it helps

Omrico1

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys - same story as most of you guys but cannot resolve.
I did restart and got to the safe mode (it is showing a safe mode tag on the bottom left) but I cannot proceed.
I'm on a welcome page, been asked to select a language and a wizard walking me in loop back to the select language.
So I cannot get to ANY app. Not Play Store, not settings - nothing.

Would appreciate any advise at this point.

Omri.

Jedi Sam

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped" loop EASY SOLUTION!

SOLVED

I have an M9 working on Marshmallow. It died last night and after charging and restarting I had the same issue as most of you. Endless crash loop. I was trying all sorts of things before factory resetting or wiping anything and I found it. So easy and worked right away! I didn't lose any data, only thing lost was the layout and organization of my apps. Minor issue to reorganize and a small price to pay to keep everything else intact! Hope this works for you like it did for me!

From another forum

Boot the phone as per normal, ignore the "Sense Home has stopped" message for now.
Pull down the notification drawer,
Tap on the cog to get into settings (once in settings clicking ok on the "Sense home has stopped" message should make it dissapear so you can see what you are doing),
Go into Apps,
Go into Sense Home,
Tap on storage,
Tap on "Clear Data".

This will delete all the data stored with the Sense Home app, not your photos or messages of contacts or anything like that.

You will have to re-configure your home screen(s) though :-/

Once you've done that you should be good to go.....You may need to reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174