Newbe question

pman_odo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a spare Rezound. My original Rezound is a stock verizon unit I got from them. I got a pre-rooted unlocked used unit. Is there a way I can clone all the information ( pictures, wallpapers, sounds, apps, screen layouts, etc) easily ? Thank you in advance.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Is you're original Rezound rooted?

You can always drag the files (you're pictures, music, notifications) from the original phone to a computer, then plug the new phone to that computer and put them back in the folders of the new phone with the same name of where they came from.

As far as apps, I thought I had read about an app that would back up and restore you're apps without being rooted but I could be wrong. If you've let Google back up you're apps it will ask you if you want to restore them to the new phone once you sign in to you're google account.

Now, screen layouts, sorry but I don't think there is a way unless the original phone is rooted. If it is rooted, you could make a nandroid backup, take the SD card out of the original phone, and insert it into the new phone and do a restore. I'm not even 100% that would work but it seems like it would in theory...as long as you're using the same recovery (ex: Amon-Ra on both phones, not Amon-Ra on one and CWM on the other). That would also restore all the files that are not on the SD card.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Now, screen layouts, sorry but I don't think there is a way unless the original phone is rooted...
When I had my Inc I bought an app called MyBackUp Pro. It would restore homepage layouts unrooted. I haven't used it with the Rezound, but it's my guess that if it could do it with FroYo and GB on an old unit it could do it on a more up to date model. As for buying the app, it used to be that you could get a free 7 or 30 day trial. I used to recommend the trial to people all of the time if they were doing FRs or changing phones before Google play started allowing you access to your app list. Because they kept a list you just couldn't access it. LOL. MBUP will backup your apps, home page layout, texts, pictures, sounds, calendar, and contacts and transfer them to a new device, but it will not restore your alerts or your app setting/information unless your device is rooted before and after the backup. If you use a song for a ring tone or alert it will put in a new song, trying to restore you to the settings you had but, at least with the phones I had, it won't get it right.

Alternately you could take screen shots of your home page and use that to restore the look you had prior to whatever change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty