Phone not holding onto 4g since update

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that ever since the most recent update, there are issues getting a 4g signal in areas where it used to be 4g strong?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Some people first started noticing this between the 'leaked MR2' and the 'leaked MR2.5' I've noticed that in some areas where I used to always get 4G, my phone will now sometimes drop down to 3G momentarily. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the more reliable gradual hand-offs in 3G compared with the more difficult immediate hand-offs in 4G. When I see this happen, I tell myself this is better than losing the data connection completely.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
The radio has been rather flaky in general for me since the last update. I'm not only losing 4G easily, but sometimes losing 3G and data/voice connectivity completely. I never had either problem before MR2. I've tried about 15 times to root so that I could go back to the MR1, but I'm apparently too dumb to figure that out, so I have to wait for a friend to help me.

Last edited:

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? Mine was a little weird after the update and a reset fixed it for me.

I just did a factory reset for that same purpose.. now I can't get my Market to work. I can download from the web, but when I use the app on my Tbolt, it says download unsuccessful, please try again. I have tried a battery pull, clearing the data, force closing, and uninstall the updates. So far, no success.

Can anyone help?