Sim Card Contacts...

joejanisse

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently did a factory data reset on my phone. Now I have the usual Verizon numbers, #bal, #min, and Warranty Center. I use to be able to just delete these... But now they're listed twice. One I can delete, and the other I can not. It has a little sim card icon next to it. Bugs the hell outta me. Anyone else noticing this?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep, they were part of the most recent update. Don't think anyone's found a way to get rid of them other than rooting your phone.

As far as getting rid of them, I am not sure why you would want to but Sense should automatically detect them as duplicate contacts and ask to merge them. That's what I do.

Reactions: joejanisse

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the "original" # entries a long time ago 'cuz I got tired of them duplicating every time I turned around. So, now, I only have one entry for each on the SIM card. I guess it's okay with me. Although, I don't use 'em.

-Frank

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently did a factory data reset on my phone. Now I have the usual Verizon numbers, #bal, #min, and Warranty Center. I use to be able to just delete these... But now they're listed twice. One I can delete, and the other I can not. It has a little sim card icon next to it. Bugs the hell outta me. Anyone else noticing this?

I have the same issue. I hate it.