Screen locked while charging

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a strange issue. My thunderbolt wont unlock while its charging from a wall outlet. The moment I take the power cord out, I am able to slide down the lock and use the phone.

Is this by design? Or am I the only one having this issue?

I am running stock MR2... have not rooted it yet.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a strange issue. My thunderbolt wont unlock while its charging from a wall outlet. The moment I take the power cord out, I am able to slide down the lock and use the phone.

Is this by design? Or am I the only one having this issue?

I am running stock MR2... have not rooted it yet.
No, it's not by design. Something is wrong. Weird. Are you using the factory charger? Occasionally, incompatible chargers surface, but not often. Worth checking though.

-Frank

Reactions: Sting23ray

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Also, make sure it's plugged into an AC wall outlet for the test, not a USB. There are also USB issues on extrememly old PCs and certain USB cables.

-Frank

Its plugged straight into the wall.... the funny thing is, that the little green battery icon on the top right, shows a bolt going thru it and the battery is showing as charging. I just cant unlock the screen and do stuff on the phone.

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just unplugged, unlocked, and went to home screen and the plugged it back in. Now its locked on the home screen and not moving... hmmmm

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes... the stock charger is sitting @ home.. it works just fine.... the thunderbolt even charges fine with the USB cable... but its with this backup cheap charger that its acting up....

I bought it for charging @ work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699