Car Dock Mode

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been asked.
Do you have to have an official TB car dock to get a car dock mode on the TB.
The reason I asked was that with my Droid X and Droid X2 I could use pretty much any car dock I liked, glue a small magnet in the back, and the X would automatically go into dock mode with all the safety features incorporated in that mode (like speakerphone answering).
I can't even find a dock mode feature to enable on the TB prior to putting it into my generic dock.
My problem is that I don't want to buy a new dock when the one I have holds the phone fine.
Also I don't like the idea of having to take off my silicone case and extended battery every time I want to use the phone in my car dock.

Thanks,

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not to be an SA, but if you do the search for car, and launch the app, you'll see all the car dock features. One thing you'll need to know is tha tto exit the dock mode you have to press menu and exit from there.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not to be an SA, but if you do the search for car, and launch the app, you'll see all the car dock features. One thing you'll need to know is tha tto exit the dock mode you have to press menu and exit from there.

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant search the "App Market"!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I find it easier to go into car dock mode by using a program launcher like Wave Launcher.

Thanks, Robrecht

Or LauncherPro, Go Launcher, or ADW Launcher.... then Car Home/Car Panel or whatever they call it will be in the Application folder, and you can drop a shortcut to it anywhere you want.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got the app "Car Mode". It lets you jump the phone straight into Car Mode, which launches HTC's Car Panel. You can also add an icon to your home screen for it, unlike Car Panel.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
You can do a search for "car" and it will show you the app which you can launch.

Or, you can provide a search term that can actually be used. Or, a link to the thread that you are referring to....

(see attachment)

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
By the way, to the OP, if you click your search button and search for the "Car Panel" app, you can open it from there at anytime.

Reactions: VCL

HPBolt

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just last month did a 1,500 mile round trip with Verizon car mount. Soild mount & car dock mode. Everything was very steady, USB charging & direct wired in thru cassette adapter w/Bose str. No Bluetooth in my ride, but sounded extremely good. Set volumes for each,pause @ anytime w/touch. Streaming Slacker radio (wow), Navigation, Weatherbug (storms) ,Calls & voice texting, with all notifications each over riding the other. Music muted when navigation spoke all over the cars system. Tbolt worked flawlessly and the most fun @ 80 MPH & 10 hr trip. Anyway soild mount on left side of windshield, slide in & clip in top holder & ride, stop fast removal (when exiting). Did exit the htc car mode each time I got in just for more function , but car mount keep tbolt in landscape for most everything I used. Only down side 3g most of the way except metro areas.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got the app "Car Mode". It lets you jump the phone straight into Car Mode, which launches HTC's Car Panel. You can also add an icon to your home screen for it, unlike Car Panel.

sorry to hijack but does this app also put the clock in landscape as well?

and the dev is Andrew Schwimmer?

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
By the way, to the OP, if you click your search button and search for the "Car Panel" app, you can open it from there at anytime.
That is the phrase I was looking for, tried car mode, car dock, ect. Thanks for the imfo.
Vinny

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87