Which weather service

hillsmi

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Which weather service are you using / is most reliable for the Sense widget?

Having some difficulty lately with the service(s) displaying my location as being somewhere in China (Ili) to be exact.

Started with the HTC weather Sense app. When used the Weather Channel app / widget, my location is accurate.

Am currently trying Accuweather, it still occasionally displays my location as Ili, not my current local in MI.

I've tried wiping all cache and reloading ROM, but to no avail.

Wondering what settings have produced for you the most accurate for your location, without showing you being in another country, etc.

So far, it looks as though MAYBE, turning off the Geolocation in the Accuweather settings has provided a somewhat stable result, but time will tell. But if Geolocation is turned off, when you are on the move, won't the weather show wrong if it doesn't have your current position?

I uninstalled the HTC weather widget / app, and am trying Accuweather in conjunction with Beautiful Widgets for the home screen clock / weather combo.

Any ideas / suggestions as to why the location is off, and what to do?

Thanks

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I use Beweather from Bellshare. It is not free, but it was the best Blackberry weather app, and now has come to Android. It is still being worked on and frequently updated but it offers excellent weather and radar maps with information from Weather Underground. My location has always been correct with it.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Just use beweather. You won't have any issues.

Maps are so much better then any other app and you can add you own maps.

Uses weatherunderground.com so you wont have any location issues.

A large selection of widgets that a completely customizable.

Worth the money.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use sense widget for pretty. I use weatherbug for accurate info. I also use necn and weather.com and whdh. Yes, I check the weather a lot.

HPBolt

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Weather bug works well for all my needs check different city's great radar, plus pics of area real time . Shows my location home or work without turning GPS on.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Took me forever to find the hourlies in Weather Bug too. In the day view, you swipe the screen to the left and that goes to the hourly forecast.

Dude! Thanks a bunch for your tip.... much appreciated.....
Ive been looking for this thing for 2 weeks at-least....

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Beweather is by far the best weather app out. I work outside everyday & use the app everyday. Its the only one I found to be accurate, has 5 different radars, I use all 5 to.. Spend the couple Bucks its worth it.. I used go have the same problem with my location except I was somewhere in a country I never heard of..

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Elecont Weather yesterday. It was free on the Amazon market.

The app looks great. I has a nice spinning clock to shows the hourly conditions. A nice 10 day forecast with graphs. And it is very finger friendly as far as scrolling from screen to screen for location or data.

It pulls data from Forca.com or Intellicast.com. The Forca.com data doesn't appear to be real accurate. But then today, the Intellicast site appears to be down.

I'm thinking that I still prefer WeatherBug, even though it doesn't have the nice graphics.
And I use Beatiful Widgets for my home screen widget. The HTC widget is too big.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm a weather freak mostly because of my summer hobbies boating and golf where I need radar and wind direction and speed. For the last year I was using Weatherbug and was very satisfied but since Beweather has come out it has moved to the top of my list of weather app's. Both app's have the same information but Beweather is easier to move around in the app and looks better.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a program that pulls weather from Weather Underground?
If so, can you try to pull it from a personnal weather station. It is called KGADACUL1 . That is my personal weather station at my house. It would be nice to get that on a widget.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mention Weather Underground. That's one place I get my weather info from (the classic site version though as I don't care for the newly designed one) whether on computer or smart phone. For radar, Intellicast has awesome Flash based maps that work very well on the Thunderbolt (especially in LTE areas, loads super fast!). Between those two sites and the HTC weather/clock app on the phone, I get all the weather info I need for free! (Yah, I know, I'm frugal!) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch