For those in the RVA

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems like Verizon is either testing LTE in a much larger area or they are going live. I would think that its the former.

I live in a little town called Mechanicsville just NE of Richmond. This is much further out than most have seen it in the past.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I love it. I just got a thunderbolt so I'm ready for 4g here in rva. I live near vcc but I haven't seen 4g on my phone yet

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread on here that said it's going live in October... This just helps reaffirms it!

Sent from my Dragonzord using the Dragon Dagger

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well it was working all night and through the morning. I got to work, which is on the other side of Richmond, around noon and no more LTE...:'(

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
I'm in Chester and work near the Chesterfield Courthouse, and no 4G here. But, I did visit a friend in Church Hill and had 4G. Hopefully they will light up the towers near me soon. :D

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I spoke to soon. Looks like its been on for the last three days constantly in the Mechanicsville area. I pass over the 295/95 interchange and its gone.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I was on broad and parham today around 3 and had 4g for a little bit. That was the first time I've had 4G it was blazing fast

DMXavier

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The 4G is active because of the NASCAR races this weekend. Once the races are gone the 4G will be gone as well. It's nice to have but for some reason VA is getting snubbed.

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
The 4G is active because of the NASCAR races this weekend. Once the races are gone the 4G will be gone as well. It's nice to have but for some reason VA is getting snubbed.

I had a 4g signal in Church Hill 2 weeks ago. I don't think its because of the race. Anyways, its the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, so why would VZW care about turning on 4g in RVA for the race weekend.

I think its more of a testing phase.