Force TB to use 4G?

barrett58

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently received a refurbished replacement from asurion. I was very happy with the service of asurion and the phone is great except that when I am in my office, which I know receives 4g signals, my TB will not use the 4g most of the time.

My previous phone almost always used 4g when in my office.

Is there a way to force the TB to use 4g?

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Dial *#*#4636#*#*. Then go to phone information, scroll down to set preferred network type, choose LTE mode. This sets it 4G only. Repeat process and select CDMA (auto) for 3G only or CDMA + LTE EvDo auto for 3G & 4G (normal operation).

barrett58

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. I get bars but not the 4G status symbol, then after a few seconds, it actually shows the 3G symbol.. Either the 4g signal in this area is spotty or the phone has issues.

The 4g signal has been great though up until I got the new replacement phone.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. Setting it to LTE mode should move you down to 1X if you are not getting a 4G signal. If it still showing the 3G symbol after changing to LTE, then I suspect that something is up with the radios.

The only other thing might be a loose battery door, since the 4G antenna is there. I dunno. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just this week, in the Atlanta market, I've been hanging out in 3G for some reason. And also when I have wireless on, the 3G still shows on the top bar.

This morning I turned off the phone, did a battery and sim card pull for about 30 seconds and I'm back to normal.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Download LTE OnOff in the Market and set it to "LTE mode."

Keep in mind that while this works, in non-LTE areas, you'll be dropping to 1X and not 3G. As a good fix, I usually switch my phone from CDMA/LTE duo to LTE mode to get 4G, and then go back to CDMA/LTE and it'll stick with 4G. Faster alternative than restarting the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty