gb update

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I received the first gb update. I reiceved my replacement phone yesturday. And had alot of issues with that phone as well. So they are sending me another phone. I was talking to the Verizon tech and he told me that the next update won't be gb, it going to be ice cream sandwich. So who knows. Of course he didn't know when. So I'm not expecting any update soon.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I received the first gb update. I reiceved my replacement phone yesturday. And had alot of issues with that phone as well. So they are sending me another phone. I was talking to the Verizon tech and he told me that the next update won't be gb, it going to be ice cream sandwich. So who knows. Of course he didn't know when. So I'm not expecting any update soon.
Thanks for this inside information. I hope the tech is right. I guess it's good to have goals. :D

-Frank

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
JUST ROOT!!

the fact that this phone launched this past spring with the simple notion that the front facing camera was actually useful, and still useless is a joke!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope it doesn't get pushed to me. I renamed my otacert.zip file to otacert.zip.bak to avoid it. Hope it works!

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you as an ex tech for vz that the techs you call at support have absolutely no inside info. Not buying it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Even if so if it comes with all the security locks (mounting sdcard etc) of sense 3.5 you can have it! AOSP and super security don't go well together.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The tech's are prob sitting at their desks laughing telling there co-workers how they just told this kid on the phone that hes gonna get ICS on his thunderbolt in the next update. I can see them now, and there cracking up. hahaha.

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
You all are probably right. It's probably a bunch of bull . I'm just passing on what I hear. I personally like gb. But my phone started stalling . And I missed a lot of Voice mails. And my battery would get very hot. I see root in my future .

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The tech's are prob sitting at their desks laughing telling there co-workers how they just told this kid on the phone that hes gonna get ICS on his thunderbolt in the next update. I can see them now, and there cracking up. hahaha.
Lol yea I can see it now VZW tech Bob says: " Hi this is Bill Thanks for choosing Verizon wireless, how can I help you today ? Sure no problem we'll send you a new phone dont worry bout sending in the old one either, weee wont bill (giggles) you for it (wink, wink). (psst hay pass me the bong.....giggles):D
Seriously nothing personal to any VZW rep who actually dishes out factual info, but most all of these reps are either working there way through college or cant cut it somewhere esle. which is why they work customer support.