Spiderwebbed my Screen

MacQ32

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I dropped my phone today and it landed face down on tile. I've never had issues damaging my phones before but I'm pretty frustrated tonight. I saw on amazon where there was a replacement screen visually identical to the TB screen but it had negative reviews and it apparently did not respond well as a touch screen.

Does anyone know of a good replacement screen I can purchase I swap with the busted screen?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have insurance on your phone? If you do I recommend just getting a replacement

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have insurance on your phone? If you do I recommend just getting a replacement

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
I agree, if you have insurance I would go that route but if not the check out this site for a replacement screen... HTC Thunderbolt 4G Screen Replacements and Repair Parts and here for instructions to remove screen... HTC Thunderbolt Screen Replacement Take Apart Guide - YouTube

Another thing to think about is that you may just need to replace the digitizer if screen isn't damaged.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPiT82gWKw[/YT]

Last edited:

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently replaced a cracked screen on my TB. I purchased a LCD Digitizer assembly from eBay (edit: FWIW I got it from eBay user "gadgetfix") for like $75. I think the cheapest I saw was around $65. It was pretty much plug and play aside from the disassembly/assembly. It has been working fine since the swap.

You can also buy just the digitizer for like $15, but to me it was a lot more complicated having to separate the digitizer and LCD and use the adhesive tape to put them back together again (You will see how they separate the 2 in the video above).

I have just the digitizer brand new in the box that I would sell you if after watching the video you're comfortable separating the 2.

Last edited: