Notification SMS

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I either need an app or some setting but I never know if I have a text message. How do I look at my T-Bolt and know I have a text?

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I either need an app or some setting but I never know if I have a text message. How do I look at my T-Bolt and know I have a text?

If you go to the stock message app and press the menu button, then select settings, then notifications there should be a check box to received notification along with notification sound and vibrate.

The notification in the status bar is a small envelope.

Also, under general settings > privacy, you have the option to display message text on the lock screen.

Last edited:

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I checked all those and they re all checked off

I am looking for something that I can look at my phone and say wow I have a text message

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I checked all those and they re all checked off

I am looking for something that I can look at my phone and say wow I have a text message

That is a weird issue. If you are looking for something that will pop up on your screen when you get a message, try using Handcent. It has tons of settings that will allow for customization. I used it for a while and it was a nice addition, but I eventually went back to the stock message app.

One caveat. If you use Handcent make sure to disable the notifications in the stock message app or you will get 2 notifications for each text message.

Another thing is to use the led notification for messages. (That way you won't have to turn the screen on). Go to settings > display > notification flash and just set it for SMS/MMS. That way it will only flash for text messages.

Last edited: