(Stock but rooted) phone stuck in software update loop - plz hlp!

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been happily running the regular stock ROM rooted just before this most recent OTA update became available.

All of a sudden, now when I turn on my phone, after it's all powered and loaded up, a few seconds later it will automatically power down and reboot into some kind of install animation (i'm assuming OTA update?) but mid-progress bar it will stop and turn into the blue android with the yellow exclamation point in a triangle screen.

From there, I have to battery pull or menu button into recovery to get it to reboot.

Once it reboots, the loop starts again.

If anyone would be kind enough to tell me how to get out of this loop and continue running what I had before the update tried to push onto my phone, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: (Stock but rooted) phone stuck in software update loop - plz

Get into recovery and wipe cache. Then you can do one of two things: use an app like root explorer and go to etc, then security and rename otacerts.zip to otacerts.bak or download and install 2.11.605.9.

pfsnah86

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I cant change file name. It says it is read only. Any suggestions?

amsoles

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

First time posting.

pfsnah86 - With root explorer, make sure you mount the directory as R/W permissions.

I had the same problem with the update just before leaving on an eight hour drive, really annoying until i found this thread.

After renaming the file, I am having trouble installing the update, keeping telling me that the update failed. I'll restart and see if that fixes it...

pfsnah86

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I was able to rename file but it still does not accept the verizon update. Any suggestions?

amsoles

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Lucky for me the update fails anyway. I'm running the revolutionary one touch root... Do I need to unroot the phone to install this update?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Lucky for me the update fails anyway. I'm running the revolutionary one touch root... Do I need to unroot the phone to install this update?

To get the new update when rooted, look through the root section for the rom and install that via recovery.

pfsnah86

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much. Do you think you could be more specific with your instructions? Maybe more step by step? It would be greatly appreciated.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Look at the stickies in the rooting section. They'll tell all you need. Lots of great people
Have written through articles.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez