Not getting emails for hours

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not rooted and in the last week or so my emails take some times hour to get unless I click on the mail folder and it syncs at that point. Nothing else was changed on the phone. Any ideas?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I would check any suspicious apps that may have updated in the past week that may have caused this to happen. I would then notify the app developer, they may email you a fix.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do you use WIFI, or are you on the cellular network when this occurs?

I ask because in the past I had a specific problem where if I was on WIFI, my phone would essentially "cut off" when the screen timed out, and I wouldn't get new messages until I turned the screen on and refreshed. This only happened on WIFI...4G and/or 3G worked fine. I fixed this by simply installing "Advanced wifi lock" (free version) from the market. It's strange too, because I checked wifi settings, and they were definitely set to "Never" turn off, but my phone seemed to have a mind of it's own.

This may not be the same issue you're having, but thought I'd throw this out there if it helps.

If that's NOT it, then a second question...when you say "email", what are you referring to? GMail app, standard HTC email app, or another 3rd party email app? (and if it is either of the last 2, what type of account is it?). Is it *just* email that isn't syncing, or does all of your synced data stop working?

Depending on your situation, my first suggestion may be to clear all data from the email app in question, and then re-setup your accounts to see if that fixes it.

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
its all email types and it doesnt seem to matter if im on wifi or not. I did try deleteing all email accounts and tried reinstalling. No change.
The only thing i can think of about a week ago i tried putting all my pop3 accounts to go through gmail but then i found i could not have sperate signatures so i un did it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
sometimes I have to manually force lte on using the lte onoff app or similar. although, as said above, the lte is down. if you are getting 1x, try lte only with voice, if that doesn't work, try cdma auto prl.

If that doesn't work, then most likely, it means lte and ehprd (3G) are down. you can force it to rev. A (3G) by doing the following and it may work. 3G, but 3G is better than 1x...

1. Dial ##778#
  2. Press Call button
  3. The password is 000000
  4. Choose Edit Mode
  5. Go to Modem Settings
  6. Choose Rev A
  7. Switch from eHRPD to Enable
  8. Press OK
  9. Commit Modifications (reboot phone off/on)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
sometimes I have to manually force lte on using the lte onoff app or similar. although, as said above, the lte is down. if you are getting 1x, try lte only with voice, if that doesn't work, try cdma auto prl.

If that doesn't work, then most likely, it means lte and ehprd (3G) are down. you can force it to rev. A (3G) by doing the following and it may work. 3G, but 3G is better than 1x...

1. Dial ##778#
  2. Press Call button
  3. The password is 000000
  4. Choose Edit Mode
  5. Go to Modem Settings
  6. Choose Rev A
  7. Switch from eHRPD to Enable
  8. Press OK
  9. Commit Modifications (reboot phone off/on)

I'm getting 3G while on "CDMA auto (PRL)" ... did NOT need to switch to REV A. The OP's problem, however, was started a few days ago and not related to this current outage.

TehBigCarp

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
He means in general, not just today. CHeck to make sure your email account is set for push notifications. Then again, if you are behind an exchange server, that could cause it too. Coul dbe hard to troubleshoot with Verzion not liking people today.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
its all email types and it doesnt seem to matter if im on wifi or not. I did try deleteing all email accounts and tried reinstalling. No change.
The only thing i can think of about a week ago i tried putting all my pop3 accounts to go through gmail but then i found i could not have sperate signatures so i un did it.
Try Menu>Setting>Manage Apps>All tab, then scroll to Google Services Framework then clear the data and force stop. After that you may have to log back into google services, double check your accounts syncing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana