Phil unplugged Tbolt overnight,it becomes a brick in the morning!

Does a tb unplugged at night make it an uncharged brick by morn?

• Total voters

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phil unplugged Tbolt overnight,it becomes a brick in the morn

I don't suggest leaving your phone in the car. Especially in warm weather. Not good for the guts of the phone
Also for security. Ppl love to steal phones

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

I got it under control, thanks.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't suggest leaving your phone in the car. Especially in warm weather. Not good for the guts of the phone
Also for security. Ppl love to steal phones

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
There are some folks (like me, before I retired) that go to work in a security environment where they have 18 year olds with machine guns to make sure you don't bring your phone into the facility. I've been known to leave mine in the car under these circumstances :)

On the plus side, those same 18 year olds are guarding your parked car with your phone in it! :D

-Frank

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

There are some folks (like me, before I retired) that go to work in a security environment where they have 18 year olds with machine guns to make sure you don't bring your phone into the facility. I've been known to leave mine in the car under these circumstances :)

On the plus side, those same 18 year olds are guarding your parked car with your phone in it! :D

-Frank

Sounds familiar. ;) I keep it in the center console, out of the sun. Its fine. Been doing it for almost a year. Not much I can do about it either way, its either that or leave it home and have no phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I think that anyone who has a nearly full phone and gets an uncharged brick by morning must either have a defective phone, very bad signal, or has some heavy usage.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I think that anyone who has a nearly full phone and gets an uncharged brick by morning must either have a defective phone, very bad signal, or has some heavy usage.
It's not about keeping up a charge. It's about why a phone should brick when it runs out of juice. Mine doesn't. It shouldn't. If anyone's does, it's broken.

-Frank

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not about keeping up a charge. It's about why a phone should brick when it runs out of juice. Mine doesn't. It shouldn't. If anyone's does, it's broken.

-Frank

I think Phil was trying to say that it ran out of batteries by morning, not that it bricked when it ran out of batteries.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

-Frank

I think Phil was trying to say that it ran out of batteries by morning, not that it bricked when it ran out of batteries.
Well, okay. Maybe so. But of course, it shouldn't do that either. Mine doesn't. But...

-Frank

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

His phone must've had a rouge app that continued draining his battery. I've never had this happen to my phone. :)

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

This is interesting, since it happens to me all the time. I guess my Thunderbolt is defective.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

This is interesting, since it happens to me all the time. I guess my Thunderbolt is defective.

So tell me, why wouldn't you keep your phone on charge overnight anyway?
Not disagreeing, just trying to understand something.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty