Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy Nexus or

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
maybe this?

So ya, I'm getting close to my upgrade eligibility coming in 4 days (Jan. 19th). Should I get the Maxx with its 21hr of talk time battery, the Ice Cream Sandwich powered Android 4.0 Nexus or just wait for more announcements from Mobile World Congress?

What you guys think? :-\

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want the latest and greatest then wait. If not, then get the Maxx with great battery life and guaranteed ice cream sandwich.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If you want the latest and greatest then wait. If not, then get the Maxx with great battery life and guaranteed ice cream sandwich.

The battery life of the Maxx is really tempting plus an upgrade to ICS down the road (or get it sooner with the help of our devs)

Maybe I should wait a little longer then to see if there's any company besides Motorola (like HTC and Samsung) can pull off a long battery life like Motorola claims on their Maxx. Hope something's good comes out on MWC 2012. (Otherwise, might just get the Maxx)

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't waste an upgrade on anything just yet. Imagine getting your new phone and then hearing the quad core is coming out this summer. The Thunderbolt is a sweet phone and the latest phones out right now aren't that much better. Save the upgrade and your bucks then get a quad core with ICS on it. Being that ICS will be basically be an AOSP ROM you'll have great battery life and a super fast phone.

a22shady

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I would wait.... The HTC Edge is coming out soon probably right around the show. and will have some nice specs including quad core proc.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
the maxx probably will not have a removable battery and a qHD screen. GN doesn't have a removable sd card. My biggest concerns with the thunderbolt are the lack of hd screen and battery life, but I must have a removable battery. In the end, I ended up getting a rezound for $50 on upgrade for the HD screen. The speed of the thunderbolt was okay for me, so dual, quad, even octa core at this time won't really make a difference, but if speed is important to you, then wait for a quad core.

If you want a slim phone with a large battery, but can handle a non - removable battery then look at the maxx.

If you must have all the updates official as soon as possible, then look at the gn.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm about two months past an upgrade, but there really isn't anything out there I'd consider over the Thunderbolt at this point. The Galaxy Nexus has a serious signal connection problem for many people where they lose ALL signal including voice. Absolutely unacceptable! At this point, it's uncertain whether it can be fixed via software or it's a hardware issue. As to ICS, it's very new and still has many bugs to be worked out. So buyer beware there. The whole non-removable, non user replaceable battery in the RAZR/RAZR MAXX is a serious concern and deal breaker for many. Not to mention the width of the phone can be uncomfortable in hand for many as it is with me and my large hands. Also, the Blur interface is very different and IMO not very intuitive. Anyway, unless you really gotta have something new, I'd say wait as there should be some awesome new phones around the corner. If you don't want to wait, I'd highly recommend going to a store and playing around with the various phones before you pull the trigger. :)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't waste an upgrade on anything just yet. Imagine getting your new phone and then hearing the quad core is coming out this summer. The Thunderbolt is a sweet phone and the latest phones out right now aren't that much better. Save the upgrade and your bucks then get a quad core with ICS on it. Being that ICS will be basically be an AOSP ROM you'll have great battery life and a super fast phone.

I want a quad core phone. I don't know why, I just know I want one. ;)

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would wait.... The HTC Edge is coming out soon probably right around the show. and will have some nice specs including quad core proc.

I want a quad core phone. I don't know why, I just know I want one. ;)

Yep, like the link says, they should make announcements at MWC on when's the release date of the quad cored Edge (or whatever name they'll come up with)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
When I got my thunderbolt last August I was very happy. I had the incredible. I had gotten a friend to get the incredible. He was waiting on the nexsus. He was saying how awesome it would be. His incredible started acting up. Nexsus was delayed. He decided to get the thunderbolt and got it off eBay. He was asking my opinion on the sellers and helped him out. Said he would use the tb till the nexsus was released. Then it came out. I told him to wait on reviews and he is really glad he didn't get the nexsus now. He is loving his Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer