Droid Razr Maxx - won't charge or turn on. White light when plugged into pc only. Why?

A

AC Question

Droid Razr Maxx - won't charge or turn on. White light when plugged into pc only.

Yesterday my phone was fine. Charged it overnight. This morning it was dead. It will not boot up no matter which buttons I press/hold for any amount of time.

I charged it in a wall charger for hours - nothing. Charged it in the pc for hours - nothing. Also tried charging in my car. It is unresponsive! When I connect to wall charger the white light flashes. When I charge it in the pc, white light stays on. This is all I can make happen.

I've been reading about "factory cables". I'm over my head in this, but I'm beginning to think my battery is confused and "thinks" it's dead (too low to boot), even though it isn't. I wonder if one of these factory cables would allow me to boot it up outside the battery and somehow fix this? Does anyone have knowledge / experience with this?

If I have to purchase a new phone, fine. It's probably time anyway. But, I hate to lose all my numbers, calendar etc!!
Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Razr Maxx - won't charge or turn on. White light when plugged into pc only.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried different cables or wall charging plugs? If different ones also don't work, it may be that the battery suddenly failed (which can happen, especially with an aged battery like yours must be).

ljc123

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Droid Razr Maxx - won't charge or turn on. White light when plugged into pc only.

Thanks for responding. Yes, I have three different wall plugs (my husband has same phone). None work. Any suggestions for a suddenly failed battery? Do you have experience with a factory cable? Would that allow me to power up without a battery via my pc?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what you mean by a factory cable. Are you talking about the original cable that came with the phone? Any good cable should work, so it doesn't matter if it's the original cable or not. If the battery is dead, your only option would be to replace it, which would require taking it to a repair shop, since the battery isn't meant to be replaced by the user. If you're handy, you could try it yourself: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Motorola+DROID+MAXX+Battery+Replacement/33737

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000