Terrible keyboard lag / keys not working

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having keyboard lag or problems with certain keys on the keyboard not registering?
I've tried about 6 different keyboards and they all have the same issue. I hate typing on my phone. Such a pain.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue several times. I'm used tp typing fast but then when a key doesn't work, it throws a stick in the spokes. Often times if I want to press, for example, an e, I press e but it registers as either a r or w. Very displeasing indeed. I'm also rooted and it happens regardless of the ROM I use which leads me to believe its a hardware issue.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw where others on another site are having the same issues.
They tried different roms and keyboards and still have the same.issue. I'm thinking it's hardware related as well. Didn't have this problem with my previous Android phone. Tried using Swype, but it's difficult to use because the keys don't register at times.
Typing a simple paragraph such as this was a chore.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having issues with keys on my keyboard not responding at times. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you having the same problem in portrait mode and landscape mode? With the same keys, or different keys (when switching modes)?

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you having the same problem in portrait mode and landscape mode? With the same keys, or different keys (when switching modes)?

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

I use portrait mode pretty much all the time, so I haven't tested it much in landscape.
It comes and goes. Sometimes it works just fine, then there are times when it does not.
The keys that have the most issues seem to be a, e, i, o, l, space bar

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue several times. I'm used tp typing fast but then when a key doesn't work, it throws a stick in the spokes. Often times if I want to press, for example, an e, I press e but it registers as either a r or w. Very displeasing indeed. I'm also rooted and it happens regardless of the ROM I use which leads me to believe its a hardware issue.

I thought this too however if you happen to overclock to 1.4 ghz with imoseyons the lag dissapears . This is with the snartassv2 governor.

I think it happens with undervolted kernels but overclocking seems to help.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought this too however if you happen to overclock to 1.4 ghz with imoseyons the lag dissapears . This is with the snartassv2 governor.

I think it happens with undervolted kernels but overclocking seems to help.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Where can I find the most recent version of this kernel?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted to just throw it into the drawer and go get a Razr Maxx.
The only keyboard that doesn't lag as much is Smart Keyboard.
I purchased my Thunderbolt off eBay. I'm sending it off for repair using my SquareTrade warranty.
Just typing this was a chore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress