Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ramonm2
  • 1 Post By dgrimm25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ok, so, I can upgrade Nov 17th....

Which phone should I get? (sticking with Verizon)

Please respond.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default Re: Ok, so, I can upgrade Nov 17th....

How about specifying what's most important to you in a phone? There are lots of great phones out there but they're all different... So tell us what you want, great battery, great camera, best screen, etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Slywalk makes a great point. It's kind of tough to recommend a phone without an idea of what you want and don't want in your next phone.

Do you have to have a removable battery? An sd slot? What size screen do you want? Do you prefer one processor over another? Do you want Sense, Touchwiz, Motoblur, or do you use a Launcher? Is cost a factor? Do you have to have the latest and greatest?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    Stock

Droid DNA, GS3, or Note2
    akira751 likes this.

you could wait for the S4 which is rumored to be coming out in feb or march

Same Boat, upgrade is 22nd NOV, Gal @ Big Red said wait till Black Friday Internet deals are going to be crazy good.
    Mother in law has Razr M, I sortta like it. Looking at the HD Maxx though. I have heard Motorola Cameras suck, hers is ok, and that is one of my most used items. If it is as good or better than my 2 year old Thunderbolt I am fine with it. Thunderbolt has a great camera in my perspective.

S4 is rumored to have 13 mp camera

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I have an upgrade coming also. I think I am going with the Razor Maxx HD. I work construction and cannot put it on a charger much so battery life is important to me. Also feels more sturdy.

I'm hoping there will be a really good deal on Black Friday. If not, I think I'm going to wait and hope that maybe there will be a CDMA version of the Nexus 4. I really want a Nexus phone and I think it's just too late in the game to get a Galaxy Nexus.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

I'm going to pre-order the Galaxy Note 2 when I'm eligible for an upgrade this Saturday. The DNA does look interesting though.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat and seriously considering buying a Galaxy Nexus off contract and keeping my upgrade for what ever comes out that is as much of a game changer as the T-Bolt was when it came out. The nice think about the NEXUS is that you are likely to keep getting updates for a while still.

Chilly, I also upgrade on the 17th and after much research I have decided to go with the Razr Maxx HD. My Best Buy will price match with Radio Shack so I am getting the phone for $199.99. My wife decided to get the original Razr Maxx because, with the price match from Radio Shack, she is getting it for $69.99. My daughter likes the specs of the Maxx but wants a smaller phone so she decided to get the Razr M. Again with price match, this time from Staples, she'll get her phone for $79.99. So we have three Thunderbolt users getting slightly different phones each at pretty awesome prices.

I just left Thunderbolt-land yesterday for the Razr Maxx HD. I was also considering the Galaxy S3 and the DNA - after comparing all the specs, and deciding that battery life, memory, and global-ready were most important for me, I went with the Maxx HD. On a side note, I also decided to keep my unlimited data plan with Verizon.
    Who? likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    Chilly, I also upgrade on the 17th and after much research I have decided to go with the Razr Maxx HD. My Best Buy will price match with Radio Shack so I am getting the phone for $199.99. My wife decided to get the original Razr Maxx because, with the price match from Radio Shack, she is getting it for $69.99. My daughter likes the specs of the Maxx but wants a smaller phone so she decided to get the Razr M. Again with price match, this time from Staples, she'll get her phone for $79.99. So we have three Thunderbolt users getting slightly different phones each at pretty awesome prices.
    My friend got the Maxx and says it is amazing , I think I'm leaning towards the MAxx as well. I just want a phone for internet, a few apps, grouptext and something that won't have to be on the charger for 24/7.

Let me know how it works out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrimm25 View Post
    I just left Thunderbolt-land yesterday for the Razr Maxx HD. I was also considering the Galaxy S3 and the DNA - after comparing all the specs, and deciding that battery life, memory, and global-ready were most important for me, I went with the Maxx HD. On a side note, I also decided to keep my unlimited data plan with Verizon.
    So, did you buy the phone at full retail price?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

without buying a phone at full retail price is there any way I can keep my unlimited data plan?

I paid full retail price to keep my unlimited data plan.