Ok, so, I can upgrade Nov 17th....

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How about specifying what's most important to you in a phone? There are lots of great phones out there but they're all different... So tell us what you want, great battery, great camera, best screen, etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Slywalk makes a great point. It's kind of tough to recommend a phone without an idea of what you want and don't want in your next phone.

Do you have to have a removable battery? An sd slot? What size screen do you want? Do you prefer one processor over another? Do you want Sense, Touchwiz, Motoblur, or do you use a Launcher? Is cost a factor? Do you have to have the latest and greatest?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Same Boat, upgrade is 22nd NOV, Gal @ Big Red said wait till Black Friday Internet deals are going to be crazy good.
Mother in law has Razr M, I sortta like it. Looking at the HD Maxx though. I have heard Motorola Cameras suck, hers is ok, and that is one of my most used items. If it is as good or better than my 2 year old Thunderbolt I am fine with it. Thunderbolt has a great camera in my perspective.

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade coming also. I think I am going with the Razor Maxx HD. I work construction and cannot put it on a charger much so battery life is important to me. Also feels more sturdy.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping there will be a really good deal on Black Friday. If not, I think I'm going to wait and hope that maybe there will be a CDMA version of the Nexus 4. I really want a Nexus phone and I think it's just too late in the game to get a Galaxy Nexus.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to pre-order the Galaxy Note 2 when I'm eligible for an upgrade this Saturday. The DNA does look interesting though.

dnva75

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and seriously considering buying a Galaxy Nexus off contract and keeping my upgrade for what ever comes out that is as much of a game changer as the T-Bolt was when it came out. The nice think about the NEXUS is that you are likely to keep getting updates for a while still.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Chilly, I also upgrade on the 17th and after much research I have decided to go with the Razr Maxx HD. My Best Buy will price match with Radio Shack so I am getting the phone for $199.99. My wife decided to get the original Razr Maxx because, with the price match from Radio Shack, she is getting it for $69.99. My daughter likes the specs of the Maxx but wants a smaller phone so she decided to get the Razr M. Again with price match, this time from Staples, she'll get her phone for $79.99. So we have three Thunderbolt users getting slightly different phones each at pretty awesome prices.

dgrimm25

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just left Thunderbolt-land yesterday for the Razr Maxx HD. I was also considering the Galaxy S3 and the DNA - after comparing all the specs, and deciding that battery life, memory, and global-ready were most important for me, I went with the Maxx HD. On a side note, I also decided to keep my unlimited data plan with Verizon.

Chilly818

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Chilly, I also upgrade on the 17th and after much research I have decided to go with the Razr Maxx HD. My Best Buy will price match with Radio Shack so I am getting the phone for $199.99. My wife decided to get the original Razr Maxx because, with the price match from Radio Shack, she is getting it for $69.99. My daughter likes the specs of the Maxx but wants a smaller phone so she decided to get the Razr M. Again with price match, this time from Staples, she'll get her phone for $79.99. So we have three Thunderbolt users getting slightly different phones each at pretty awesome prices.
My friend got the Maxx and says it is amazing , I think I'm leaning towards the MAxx as well. I just want a phone for internet, a few apps, grouptext and something that won't have to be on the charger for 24/7.

Let me know how it works out for you.
I just left Thunderbolt-land yesterday for the Razr Maxx HD. I was also considering the Galaxy S3 and the DNA - after comparing all the specs, and deciding that battery life, memory, and global-ready were most important for me, I went with the Maxx HD. On a side note, I also decided to keep my unlimited data plan with Verizon.

So, did you buy the phone at full retail price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non