Best Ways to Extend the Life & Performance of my TBolt

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Gosh, do I regret getting this phone. But, when it works, it's good. It's just that it often doesn't. But at this point, as much as I'd like to, I don't think I can swing a shiny new phone so want to see what else I can squeeze out of this thing. The phone is rooted, but I do not have a custom ROM. Here are my biggest problems:

Random reboots - far worse than ever. When not plugged in, it simply dies. And sometimes, after the restart, even if my battery was over 90%, I'll see the battery down around 16%. I'll restart it myself and then it's back to the 60% range. Battery issue perhaps, easily solved by a new battery?

Bluetooth connectivity - comes and goes. Range is good, but sometimes it just disconnects, even when I'm only a few inches away from the phone.

Battery life - AWFUL now. Going back to the battery issue above. May be best just to get the old extended battery and back?

General performance - SLOW. Sometimes it may take over 30 seconds just to make a phone call. Would a custom ROM help? I just freed up a lot of memory, and was hoping that would help but no improvement has been noted.

Apps - are there any that are notorious power consumers? I use LWP's (my kids like them) - could losing those help? Same with Go Launcher - could that be a problem? Is there an app that tells me what apps may be doing me the most harm?

And for what it's worth, I'm on unlimited data and want to keep it, so if/when I get another phone, I'll be buying it outright so I can stay unlimited and off-contract. I'm open to gifts of $600 so I can get the Galaxy S4 and get rid of this HTC crap I have!

Thanks!

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a new battery may help. I'd also definitely go to a custom ROM. Some are more light weight. And be sure to clear out your cache and data in the process. A fresh start definitely couldn't hurt.

I don't actively use my Thunderbolt anymore so I can't help with specifics. Mine stills runs on my night stand, but it rarely leaves its dock. I use it as a VoIP fun for my home Asterisk server.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa