Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I know this device as well as a few others are going to be announced at CES on January 6th. My question is: How long from the time they are announced till they show up in stores? Thanks

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I am going with 1/27. Standard Thursday launch 3 weeks of marketing and we will be waiting till at least the end of april on back orders.

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
the iphone will not be going to verizon. its been rumored for years now. everyone will switch to verizon and at&t will go under.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I did speak to Verizon Tech Support and the tech I was talking to told me there will be LTE devices (phones not modems) released in Jan. Thunderbolt would be a likely guess.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think it will release in mid Jan just so they have a good few weeks before the iphone comes if it comes

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
IF Apple announces the iPhone for Verizon as it continues to be rumored sometime in February answer this. Why would Apple bother to make an iPhone 4 for Verizon when 4 months later iPhone 5 will be out. If anything I see an announcement, not a phone or maybe the iPad 2.

The blind leading the blind when it comes to the iPhone. With Apple you literally have to wait 3 years to get features that should be in the phone now.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I did speak to Verizon Tech Support and the tech I was talking to told me there will be LTE devices (phones not modems) released in Jan. Thunderbolt would be a likely guess.

Lets hope they do release some in january i wouldnt see why they wouldnt be able to if they announce them at CES it means they already have them ready to go. It would be awesome if they were released like a week after CES but im not getting my hopes up

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
About two weeks after they announce it just so it still has the buzz from CES but not so short that no-one knows about it

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
IF Apple announces the iPhone for Verizon as it continues to be rumored sometime in February answer this. Why would Apple bother to make an iPhone 4 for Verizon when 4 months later iPhone 5 will be out. If anything I see an announcement, not a phone or maybe the iPad 2

This is actually the Apple model. Create a product, sell it like crazy, update it 3 months later and watch the fanbois line up to buy it again.

This is what will happen: Apple will release a 3G Verizon iPhone in Feb/Mar, millions that have been waiting for a VZW iPhone will buy it, in July they will release the new iPhone 5 with 4G support and everyone will want to buy it again since it will then have 4G

The Oatmeal captured this perfectly (mild content warning): What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You can expect a cdma only iPhone then a global iPhone then the lte version apple can't give you everything at once they have to keep you coming back

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping it comes out in January. You have to remember, the HTC ads say "First to 4G, again" which means they'll be the first ones on VZW LTE. That should mean January since the other manufacturers are rumored for February.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Apple won't support LTE until its fully supported everywhere, they want to keep development costs down AND we know Jobs is anal retentive about making sure its just soooooo perfect plus he isn't going to use LTE until he knows its perfect. You know like the iPhone4 was sooooo perfect.

allprochris

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon employees don't know, especially at stores. My sister works in corporate in Houston, and when I asked her about the Dolt, she had no idea what I was talking about.

Exactly.....one of my closest friend's is a rep and he doesn't have a clue about this phone. The only reason he even knows there is such a device is because I told him about it. Also, even if they did know about it if a rep thinks they can get a new contract or line......they will push you to do it right then and there for a device that's available right then and there.