Thunderbolt Car/Home Docks

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard of what types of accessories they will be releasing for the HTC Thunderbolt? The main ones I am looking for are a home(alarm clock style) dock and a car dock. I have had the home dock for my BB Storm, OG Droid and Samsung Fascinate and also the car dock for the Droid and Fascinate. After using them I could NEVER go back to buying a phone that doesnt have both of them. I am 99% sure I will be getting the TB on launch day (hopefully the 14th) and am really just waiting on this info to make my decision. Thanks.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen any information on these kind of docks for the TB as of yet. I myself would be interested in a dock for home. I just ran a search and most of what I can find are extended batteries, cables, and cases for the TB. I'm sure as the date for release gets even closer, more info will be released. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any accessories yet (aside from a case or two) but I would bet there will be both car and desk docks for the tbolt before long.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I doubt there will be a desk dock, since the kickstand on the thing exists. Maybe a car dock, but I have a feeling they'll say the kickstand is good enough for that.

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I doubt there will be a desk dock, since the kickstand on the thing exists. Maybe a car dock, but I have a feeling they'll say the kickstand is good enough for that.

The Evo has a kickstand and HTC sells a desktop for it. Also how would the kickstand work in a car?? I doubt they would use that as a reason for not making a Car Dock and hopefully they make both.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Do not be delusional. Plenty of companies out there wanting to cash in on accessories for these phones.

A home dock would allow the phone to be charged while having an 'alarm clock' type dock, and obviously the kick stand on the phone isn't going be useful in the car. :p

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Do not be delusional. Plenty of companies out there wanting to cash in on accessories for these phones.

A home dock would allow the phone to be charged while having an 'alarm clock' type dock, and obviously the kick stand on the phone isn't going be useful in the car. :p

Besides, as people have already pointed out..you cannot use the TB in landscape mode with the kickstand while charging due to the location of the USB port. Due to this, you would think that they would definitely make a desktop dock for this phone.

Thanks but I would NEVER buy one of those universal Car Docks. I want one that is made specifically for my phone, that mounts to the windshield (or dash with a dash disk) and hopefully has power built right into the dock like my Fascinate and the Droid X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress